Please Help - Need Advise On Which Diamond Is Better!!!

littletee

Hi Everyone,

I have bought the following Diamond -

http://www.diamondexchange.com.a u...&catnum=1117026

But I have found the following Diamond which is a bit smaller but a better Clarity - http://www.diamondexchange.com.a u...&catnum=1107446

My partner has a small finger (H1/2) anyway so a drop from .74 to .71 is no big deal but I like the fact that the Clarity is better from VS1 to VVS1 (will this seriously make such a difference?).

I guess my question is, what's worth more, the Ct of a Diamond or the Clarity? Also, are the Dimensions, Table and Depth still good for the 2nd Diamond? The reason I bought the first Diamond was that I was told it's best to get a Table & Depth in the 60's% if possible but it's very rare and the first Diamond above I bought does have it so I grabbed it. The depth of the 2nd Diamond I'm thinking of getting now is 74.7% and the depth is 67% - is that still good?

Also, I have been told the following from the Jeweller so I'd like to verify what she's saying is true or not regarding the difference of the 2 choices-

"I still like the one you have purchased for a few reasons.

It has better cut proportions, it’s more square and it does not have a Very thin girdle (which can make the corners fragile)

The one you have selected below has a better clarity but clarity is the least important factor as it does not affect the diamond visually.

Your diamond will be more sparkly and larger and more square. So visually it is a better stone."

Is she telling the truth above do you think?

Any expert advice on the above would be very much appreciated as I have no idea about Diamonds and just want an Independent expert opinion from someone else.

Many thanks in advance!

I would tend to agree.. Except under magnification, all other things being equal, you won't be able to see the difference between the two stones in clarity..

The more important aspect of judging a diamond is cut over clarity.. And of course, which one "looks" better to you..

Just looked at the two stones you listed, I'd personally stick with the VS1.. It's much closer to being a true square (.09mm vs .34mm out of square) and isn't cut overly deep.. I personally don't like to see princess cuts cut as deep at the VVS1..

Edited by Feydakin

I would tend to agree.. Except under magnification, all other things being equal, you won't be able to see the difference between the two stones in clarity..

The more important aspect of judging a diamond is cut over clarity.. And of course, which one "looks" better to you..

Just looked at the two stones you listed, I'd personally stick with the VS1.. It's much closer to being a true square (.09mm vs .34mm out of square) and isn't cut overly deep.. I personally don't like to see princess cuts cut as deep at the VVS1..

Hi Feydakin,

Thank you soooo much for your reply.

Yes I think she is telling the truth as well.....It looks as like the VS1 will stay :rolleyes:

Would still love to hear from others as well just to re-assure myself that I'm definately making the right decision in keeping with the one I bought as it's a better Diamond out of the 2.

Many thanks again!