Help!

bellalee

Hi! I am new to the forum and would appreciate some help fast! My fiancee and I designed our own beautiful ring. We copied a tacori, three stone engagement ring with 5 pave diamonds in the band on both sides. The middle diamond was a 1.5 E colour SI3, (Egl) and the two smaller diamonds on either side are G colour .5 each. We paid 7500. Although I loved the colour we didnt realize that we could see the inclusion (it was a feather like inclusion and when the sun hit it you could see it) I wore it for a week and it bothered me.. although I loved the color. We then swapped it for an H (SI1) ...kind of a mistake bc we could see a hint of colour especially in certain lighting, after it was put in the ring. I was upset bc the jeweller reassured me that i would not be able to see colour . I had it apprasied by a GIA and he said he belived the colour was more of an I, but he said we paid a good price for it bc he would have sold it in his store for $11.000. I wore it for a week and the colour was driving me crazy ...especially when it is surrounded by G colour stones... SO we asked him how much more would it cost us..he is now charging us $890 more to have an F colour 1.5, with an SI2. There is a very small inclusion kind (a bubble) in the bottom right. I saw it without the loupe when i studied the ring, but it is no where near as noticiable as the first diamond we had. I think we found a happy medium although I am still worried...he wanted to charge us $2000 for the F colour SI1, but he suggested we would be happy and working within our budget to go with the F SI2. I dont think it will bother me as much as the H colour diamond did,,,but I just need reassurance that we had a good buy and made the right choice. Is it not true that when people look at your diamond they would be able to see a colour over a very small inclusion????? I also think bc i know its there thats why i see it

Thanks for your help!

Hi! I am new to the forum and would appreciate some help fast! My fiancee and I designed our own beautiful ring. We copied a tacori, three stone engagement ring with 5 pave diamonds in the band on both sides. The middle diamond was a 1.5 E colour SI3, (Egl) and the two smaller diamonds on either side are G colour .5 each. We paid 7500. Although I loved the colour we didnt realize that we could see the inclusion (it was a feather like inclusion and when the sun hit it you could see it) I wore it for a week and it bothered me.. although I loved the color. We then swapped it for an H (SI1) ...kind of a mistake bc we could see a hint of colour especially in certain lighting, after it was put in the ring. I was upset bc the jeweller reassured me that i would not be able to see colour . I had it apprasied by a GIA and he said he belived the colour was more of an I, but he said we paid a good price for it bc he would have sold it in his store for $11.000. I wore it for a week and the colour was driving me crazy ...especially when it is surrounded by G colour stones... SO we asked him how much more would it cost us..he is now charging us $890 more to have an F colour 1.5, with an SI2. There is a very small inclusion kind (a bubble) in the bottom right. I saw it without the loupe when i studied the ring, but it is no where near as noticiable as the first diamond we had. I think we found a happy medium although I am still worried...he wanted to charge us $2000 for the F colour SI1, but he suggested we would be happy and working within our budget to go with the F SI2. I dont think it will bother me as much as the H colour diamond did,,,but I just need reassurance that we had a good buy and made the right choice. Is it not true that when people look at your diamond they would be able to see a colour over a very small inclusion????? I also think bc i know its there thats why i see it

Thanks for your help!

Your jeweler seems cooperative and willing to make you happy. Make sure the diamond you're getting is accurately graded and is a relatively good value when comparing to internet dealers. There's no reason to think an accurately graded and well cut H should not have been white in color/appearance.

Accurately graded is the key here. I would prefer, if it were me to get a stone with an accurate lab report. Not one with a worthless overgraded paper. Sounds like you are trying to fool yourself to stay within a budget. I think most of the problems you are having is because you are purchasing stones with EGL lab reports. Try comparing to stones with GIA lab reports. You will find that you probably won't notice color in H's when accurately graded. Also when you have a great cut grade, it can hide color.

Dealing with someone making copies of Tacori... if it is a true copy it is an infringement on Tacori and not something that someone that is honest would make.

Note: GIA doesn't do appraisals, they only do lab reports.

Let's see.... EGL graded stones, copies of Tacori, GIA appraisals. I think I would start over with an honest vendor.