New Spin On Things (marquise Cut)

Almost There

I was thrown a twist when looking for an engagment ring. My girlfriend doesn't like "gaudy" or "busy" (lots of stones) jewelry so i was considering something a bit different. I found a 3/4ct marquise cut SI(2) F color stone set in 18kt gold (platinum head) for 2999.00 out the door. Anybody have any suggestions on how to judge these stones. I've also seen they are generally a bit cheaper than traditional brilliant round cut stones. Any help would greatly be appriciated.

James

Hi James.

Congratulations on your engagement!

You are correct, Marquise is less expensive than a round of comparable size and quality.

Where did you see the ring?

If you saw it in persona at a store, and liked the way it looks, and are comfortable with the seller, it sound reasonable to me.

Edited by diamondsbylauren

Hi James.

Congratulations on your engagement!

You are correct, Marquise is less expensive than a round of comparable size and quality.

Where did you see the ring?

If you saw it in persona at a store, and liked the way it looks, and are comfortable with the seller, it sound reasonable to me.

I pieced it together at Jared's Galleria. I want to say it was an either .74 or .75ct stone. I don't have my notes with me i'm at work.

What I look for in marquise diamonds that we sell is a nice length to width ratio, eye clean diamond, white color, pleasant outline shape, and no bow tie. An overall brilliance on the diamond. Here is a fine example below of a beautifully cut marquise.post-10-1213032517_thumb.jpg