Proposing At The Zoo

jordan Ball

So I just got my 1 carat radiant colorless diamond ring, in a beautiful setting from Jareds. I want to propose at the Cincinnati Zoo, because we had our first date there. I called them trying to arrange something special that they can do, and they will not help me at all. They told me, if they did stuff for me, then they would have to do it for everyone. How can I make the Zoo extra special? I want to do it around the Elephants. I thought about getting on one knee and just asking her, but I need to make this extra special!!! Please help!

The first time we went on our date, she was telling me how she wants to ride the elephants when we go to the zoo. I told her that I never heard of that and that it can't happen. So she was trying to prove me wrong. But I was right after all. I was going to buy her a stuffed animal as well!!! One of her favorite animals at the zoo is the elephants and we just had a special moment with them

May be that is not an appropriate place to purpose someone so You should change the venue.

Gosh, maybe it's inappropriate to tell someone not to PROPOSE at their ideal destination. Come on, this is his dream and he's asking for help with IT, not to be told to change it.

Thanks for everyones advice. I decided to go to the Newport Aquarium and I rented a private tour to get up close to the penguins, one of her favorite animals. They are going to work with me and have the penguin give Kara a toy that says "will you marry me". So I think this is perfect. But it cost 250!!! But it's going to be worth it! What do you guys think?

Thanks for everyones advice. I decided to go to the Newport Aquarium and I rented a private tour to get up close to the penguins, one of her favorite animals. They are going to work with me and have the penguin give Kara a toy that says "will you marry me". So I think this is perfect. But it cost 250!!! But it's going to be worth it! What do you guys think?

ABSOLUTELY!!! 250 is a small price to pay for the satisfaction of truly knocking her socks off! Good job!

#1 rule for pleasing a woman? Make her feel special! Thought and careful consideration of this proposal should definitely make her feel very, very special!

Good Luck Jordan!

THANKS!!! So I got it all set up now. I will drive her to the aquarium and will do the proposal, then take her to get her nails done and to get a dress for dinner. Then go to my parents house north of Cincinnati to celebrate a little and to show off the ring ( I live in Kentucky). Then the limo should pick us up from my parents house at 7 to take us to cincinnati to eat dinner at celestial steakhouse, witch is a very fancy place to eat!! Hope all works out well! Thanks to everyone!

Great idea. Congratulations. :)

I feel like ringing up the boneheads at the zoo and pointing out how they missed an opportunity here. ‘If they do something special for you they have to do something special for everyone’ is one of the lamest excuses I’ve heard. At $250/pop, if they do something special for everyone they will have solved their funding problem. Keep this in mind next time they ask you to vote for higher taxes to pay for the zoo.

Neil

• 3 months later...
So I just got my 1 carat radiant colorless diamond ring, in a beautiful setting from Jareds. I want to propose at the Cincinnati Zoo, because we had our first date there. I called them trying to arrange something special that they can do, and they will not help me at all. They told me, if they did stuff for me, then they would have to do it for everyone. How can I make the Zoo extra special? I want to do it around the Elephants. I thought about getting on one knee and just asking her, but I need to make this extra special!!! Please help!

That's a pretty funny but cute place to propose. If the zoo doesn't accommodate, maybe something super simple like a picnic in the park will be just as special! If she loves you she will appreciate whatever you do!

• 1 month later...