Want Lots Of Sparkle -please Help Me Choose

beautifuldiamond

Hello,

We are looking for a diamond for my engagement ring. I want lots and lots of sparkle, fire and life! Which one of these following diamonds would you advice us to buy? (they are all round brilliants and graded by GIA)

Diamond 1

Measurements: 4.94 - 4.96 x 3.03 mm

Carat Weight: 0.45

Color Grade: I

Clarity Grade: SI1

Cut Grade: Excellent

Depth: 61.2 %

Table: 60 %

Crown Angle: 34.5°

Crown Height: 14 %

Pavilion Angle: 41.4°

Pavilion Depth: 44 %

Star length: 50 %

Lower Half: 80 %

Girdle: Medium

Culet: None

Polish: Excellent

Symmetry: Excellent

Flourescence: none

Diamond 2

Measurements: 4.78 - 4.81 x 2.82 mm

Carat Weight: 0.38

Color Grade: F

Cut Grade: Very Good

Depth: 58.8 %

Table: 57 %

Crown Angle: 32.5°

Crown Height: 14 %

Pavilion Angle: 40.6°

Pavilion Depth: 42.5 %

Star length: 50 %

Girdle: Thin to Medium

Polish: Very Good

Symmetry: Very Good

Fluorescence: None

Diamond 3

Measurements: 4.70 - 4.74 x 2.81 mm

Carat Weight: 0.38

Color Grade: F

Cut Grade: Very Good

Depth: 59.5 %

Table: 59 %

Crown Angle: 33.5°

Crown Height: 13.5 %

Pavilion Angle: 40.6°

Pavilion Depth: 43 %

Star length: 55 %

Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted

Polish: Excellent

Diamond 4

Measurements: 4.84 - 4.86 x 2.92 mm

Carat Weight: 0.42

Color Grade: G

Cut Grade: Excellent

Depth: 60.2 %

Table: 58 %

Crown Angle: 34°

Crown Height: 14.5 %

Pavilion Angle: 40.8°

Pavilion Depth: 43 %

Star length: 55 %

Girdle: Thin to Medium

Polish: Very Good

Please give us your opinions on these diamonds.

Thank you

j&t

All are good candidates but you're asking us to evaluate them for best sparkle without physical inspection which is impossible.

If you want to be gauranteed a well cut round diamond, and you must buy "blind" then I'd purchase one of the super ideal branded diamonds offered by some of the vendors here. Ie. SuperbCert by Excel Diamonds or A Cut Above by WhiteFlash, etc. As far as I know they're all AGS-000 graded. You can also buy without the brand name, I've yet to see an AGS-000 diamond that didn't perform well. We have a couple AGS-000 stones here now and can get others, if you're interested let me know. This is the easiest way to get the best cut diamond, stick with a super ideal branded or AGS-000 stone.

If you want to price-shop for the best deal on an GIA VG or EX cut grade and want the best possible cut and best bang for the buck, you'll need to do phyiscal comparisons in person since they vary greatly. You can also work with a jeweler who will inspect a variety of them on your behalf and give you their opion on which to purchase.

It's true that no one can tell you how beautiful the diamond will be without actually looking at the diamond. You might want to consider using a vendor that sees the diamond and can provide you with additional info such as photos, expert viewing, and light performance analysis. Also you might want to consider a vendor that has a great upgrade policy in the future.

Edited by jan

Sparkle all comes down to the cut and finish of the diamond- as far as comparisons between cut, I found this to be an interesting place to do some research http://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp be sure to actually read the information that goes on to explain how the scores are actually tabulated. I don’t know how accurate this 'tool' is, but its definitely interesting- does anyone know if this website is at all accurate?

Rather than trying to predict on just mathmatical average perimeters on a few facets, we measure the actual light return of the physical diamond in person. A lot of diamonds have the same numbers but don`t look a like. :unsure:

Hello everybody

Thank you all for your replies. I was sort of expecting the experts would say that you have to see a diamond to know what it looks like... I was hoping that at least one of would have something obvious wrong with it, so I could rule it out and make the choice a little bit easier!

I'm just going to pick one and arrange for a viewing before I buy, and hope for the best.

Again, thank you all for replying!

PS. about the "Holloway Cut Adviser", I have tried it and I don't trust it at all. I put in the details of an absolutely stunning diamond (that I had seen in person) and it got a bad score. Would love to hear what other people think though.