Proposal Idea?

james0804

My girlfriend and I love baseball and have gone a few different stadiums to see games.I plan on proposing this summer in Chicago and I bought tickets to a White Sox game (Cubbies weren't in town) and there is a fireworks show after the game. I was planning on doing it during the fireworks show. Is that to "public" and in front of to many people that she wouldn't like it? I read on a post that some woment don't like it to be in a public place around a lot of people. Any ideas?

My girlfriend and I love baseball and have gone a few different stadiums to see games.I plan on proposing this summer in Chicago and I bought tickets to a White Sox game (Cubbies weren't in town) and there is a fireworks show after the game. I was planning on doing it during the fireworks show. Is that to "public" and in front of to many people that she wouldn't like it? I read on a post that some woment don't like it to be in a public place around a lot of people. Any ideas?

If she is shy then she might not like it. I prefer proposing on a white sand beach in a roamantic setting maybe a sunset or sunrise. Take her to a vacation or go to a garden full of blooms. Girls always like romance with a touch of glamour.

• Like 1

i have always heard guys "boo'ing" when they see a proposal at baseball games. however, i have always heard girls "aww'ing". it really depends on her personality and personally, i like the romantic setting idea. good luck!

Edited by ideal cut

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi!

There are tons of things that guys consider on 'Proposal Idea(s)'

But here's the thing, listen...

Sincerity is the key to a woman's heart.

Hug her first, compliment her hair, gently touch her chin, (oh, boy we love that..)

and you can give that precious diamond engagement ring on any given day.

Me telling this to you, means that I'm bargaining the woman's mind.

So cheers!

Edited by HeartAndStone

• 6 months later...

This is a tough one and it shows how important it is that you REALLY know who you plan on proposing to. Proposing at a sporting event would not be something I recommend unless she is a die hard fan.......ie watch every games, screams like crazy at games, wears the jersey. And normally, an intimate proposal would be better so only do this if you are 100% sure she would want something like that. Consult other females or hire a proposal planner.

• Like 1

This is a tough one and it shows how important it is that you REALLY know who you plan on proposing to. Proposing at a sporting event would not be something I recommend unless she is a die hard fan.......ie watch every games, screams like crazy at games, wears the jersey. And normally, an intimate proposal would be better so only do this if you are 100% sure she would want something like that. Consult other females or hire a proposal planner.

Hi theheartbandits!

Welcome :)

I absolutely agree, as I also think that guys should consider hiring a proposal planner.

Then just leave us the wedding thing. You need to rest, rejuvenate so give it to the experts.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

My hubby proposed to me on Christmas morning. It was sweet. I agree with Opal. I think it is really cool when I see the proposal on the big screen but would be petrified if it was me with all those people watching and waiting. If she is a die hard fan and isn't shy then go for it. Or perhaps a nice dinner/picnic somewhere in the evening when the sun is just setting and you see all the beautiful colors touch the horizon. The ring will catch the last fleeting beams of light and dazzle her. Just a thought from a romantic. :-)  Lots of good luck and wishes to you and the future Mrs. :-)