Evaluating Radiants - Need Help!

kmick

I am looking at these radiants....The first one has a low crown height (7.8%)....is that a bad thing - should i check out some of these others?

Thanks!

Kevin

found a diamond that I am considering. It looks good but has a low crown height percentage of 7.8%.

http://www.whiteflash.com/radiant/Radian...

Or what do you think of these others I am considering?

Are you trying to evaluate these stones based on numbers only without a photo or anyone looking at the stones?

You have several different looks in your choices. Were you wanting a stone that is rectangular or square? Also what if you could get a VS2 F in the same price range as your examples? Any particular reason you are only searching in the G color range?

Edited by jan

Are you trying to evaluate these stones based on numbers only without a photo or anyone looking at the stones?

You have several different looks in your choices. Were you wanting a stone that is rectangular or square?

Yeah well i was going to have them get me some more details. I'd prefer square, I just thought the one had good numbers so i threw it in the mix. I thought it might be good to pick a few good ones before bugging whiteflash again. I've already had them order a few in (which i may have to pay for shipping).....Then I got a little concerned I was going to spend too much. I'm thinking of dropping to G in color and maybe even SI1 in clarity (i figure these arent very visible anyways). I think my biggest thing is finding a diamond that is cut very well. I was really interested in the first one, however it seemed like the crown hieght was very small.....i have all hte photos and stuff if you want to take a look.

i really appreciate your help.

You have several different looks in your choices. Were you wanting a stone that is rectangular or square?

Yeah well i was going to have them get me some more details. I'd prefer square, I just thought the one had good numbers so i threw it in the mix. I thought it might be good to pick a few good ones before bugging whiteflash again. I've already had them order a few in (which i may have to pay for shipping).....Then I got a little concerned I was going to spend too much. I'm thinking of dropping to G in color and maybe even SI1 in clarity (i figure these arent very visible anyways). I think my biggest thing is finding a diamond that is cut very well. I was really interested in the first one, however it seemed like the crown hieght was very small.....i have all hte photos and stuff if you want to take a look.

i really appreciate your help.

post-115602-1211912981_thumb.jpg

The actual picture of the stone looks o.k. although it looks like it was taken in diffused lighting. I can't really tell anything else about the stone with the red reflector photos or the photos with the reflector that they added additional colors to. :D They don't really tell me how bright the stone is or how much light is emitted from it. In fact they are shaded photos. They place a cup over the stone and add the red color and additional colors like blue and green to the photos. We actually use light peformance equipment here which is greatly different than a lamp shade.

If you cup your hand over a stone and block all the light coming into the stone, what does it tell you about how bright a diamond is in real lighting conditions?? Are you planning on placing a loupe with a pink shade over the diamond when you look at it all the time?

Edited by jan

The actual picture of the stone looks o.k. although it looks like it was taken in diffused lighting. I can't really tell anything else about the stone with the red reflector photos or the photos with the reflector that they added additional colors to. :) They don't really tell me how bright the stone is or how much light is emitted from it. In fact they are shaded photos. They place a cup over the stone and add the red color and additional colors like blue and green to the photos. We actually use light peformance equipment here which is greatly different than a lamp shade.

If you cup your hand over a stone and block all the light coming into the stone, what does it tell you about how bright a diamond is in real lighting conditions?? Are you planning on placing a loupe with a pink shade over the diamond when you look at it all the time?

waht do you think of this one? check the photo, there's a link to it....im a little nervous b/c you can kind of see the inclusion plus there is a needle, whatever that is!

thanks so much for your help.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F-VS2-I...ond-1130965.asp