Tiffany's Diamonds

diamondrook

My girlfriend LOVES Tiffany's. I found a ring that is within my budget but would like to get everyone's opinon on them. I know they are a brand name and I will likely pay more compared to a similar diamond elsewhere, but I am OK with that. Rather, I am interested in overall opinions of their quality and service. Thanks in advance.

Tiffany's didn't get their reputation because they suck :)

I am all for getting the girl what she wants.. If the little blue box will make her just that much happier then it is worth the extra money.. If she has her heart set on Tiffany's then you certainly don't want her looking at her ring for the next forever and thinking should could have had a Tiffany..

Hopefully she won't mind you paying about double for the blue box. As long as you have plenty of money and don't care how far it's going, then go for it.

A friend of mine a long time ago once told me that most people like to brag about either how much they spent or how little they spent.

Although probably no one will see the blue box once the ring is on her hand.

Can you find a comparable product for less, with great service. Sure. But it may mean more to her that she can tell her friends you bought it at Tiffany's.

Or another thought, you can get a much larger stone in the same quality for less. Stone size is another thing that girls like to impress their friends with. :)

I think I would go that way if it were me. The ring the friends will see all the time. The box will be put away in a drawer.

Edited by jan

I think they're good jewellers. Not only in terms of diamonds but also the quality of their settings and workmanship. That is where some of the extra cost oif a Tiffany's goes on the setting. If you went to bespoke high quality jeweller who has a Curriculum Vitae that would includes working for prestigious jewellers like Cartier or Van Arpels you will find the cost of platinum ring without a diamond is approxiamtely £1500 for a Tiffanys inspired ring.

Edited by AverageJoe

Tiffany's has tons of happy customers and the vast majority of them went into the deal being well aware that that wasn't the cheapest place to buy things. There are even more people who didn't shop at Tiffs and are thrilled with how it worked out for them as well. It's a big world and there's lots of room. I'm with Steve, if the only preference she's stated is that it come from Tiffany's and that this is what will make her feel special, go to Tiffs and pay their price.

Neil

My girlfriend LOVES Tiffany's. I found a ring that is within my budget but would like to get everyone's opinon on them. I know they are a brand name and I will likely pay more compared to a similar diamond elsewhere, but I am OK with that. Rather, I am interested in overall opinions of their quality and service. Thanks in advance.

i wouldnt go tiffany - no one will know where it came from, they will just notice how small it is and think it was super inexpensive.

unless you have the blue box in your hand, i dont see why its so much better than a diamond bought elsewhere. i guess if you and your friends are gemologists and carry around microscopes you might be able to tell the difference but i doubt it.

i wouldnt go tiffany - no one will know where it came from, they will just notice how small it is and think it was super inexpensive.

unless you have the blue box in your hand, i dont see why its so much better than a diamond bought elsewhere. i guess if you and your friends are gemologists and carry around microscopes you might be able to tell the difference but i doubt it.

"SHE" will know where it came from..