Thoughts???

44maroon

I am currently looking for an engagement ring and was recently given this quote for the following stone. Please tell me what you think:

GIA Cut Cornered Rect Modified Brilliant

Carat 1.01

Color F

Clarity SI1

Table 71%

Depth 67%

Polish Good

Symmetry Good

Flouescence None

Price 3625

I saw the stone and it is pretty, but the one thing I was not so happy with was the shape was too elongated 7x3.33x5

(or something very similar to that) for my/her taste. If a stone with very similar specs existed that was more square would the cost be more?

I appreciate any help.

thanks

It's hard to tell from the measurements you listed- but from the sound if it, the stone might be so long as to make it less than a well cut stone with more pleasing proportions.

I think it's important to emphasize that even though the delaer had this stone to show- a good thing- that does not mean you need to buy it. Your preference is most important.

I am currently looking for an engagement ring and was recently given this quote for the following stone. Please tell me what you think:

GIA Cut Cornered Rect Modified Brilliant

Carat 1.01

Color F

Clarity SI1

Table 71%

Depth 67%

Polish Good

Symmetry Good

Flouescence None

Price 3625

I saw the stone and it is pretty, but the one thing I was not so happy with was the shape was too elongated 7x3.33x5

(or something very similar to that) for my/her taste. If a stone with very similar specs existed that was more square would the cost be more?

I appreciate any help.

thanks

If you are not happy with the shape keep shopping. There are plenty of diamnds out there. I'm sure one is going to fit exactly what you are looking for. Another reason to see what you are purchasing not just going by a couple of numbers.