Should I Buy This Diamond

diamondcrazy

I want to buy a diamond ring and since this is my first time buying diamond I am a bit nervous, I need your review on this diamond that I want to buy! Ideal cut, round brilliant, I color, VS2 clarity, 61.7%/55%, 5.98x6.00x3.69mm, .811-Carat Diamond? paying $2661.00.

Ring - Pave setting diamond ring in Platinum - 38 pave set round brilliant cut diamonds totaling approx .56 carats 1.55mm, their average clarity is VS2 and H color, polish and symmetry is good paying $1625.00

Please let me know if it is worth the price.

What kind of lab report does the diamond have? Who is calling it ideal cut? Tell us more about the diamond, what is the polish and symmetry grade and cut grade of the diamond? Do you know the crown angle and pavilion angle and fluorescence? What is the girdle measuring? Do you have a photo of the diamond and the mounting?

Edited by jan

What kind of lab report does the diamond have? Who is calling it ideal cut? Tell us more about the diamond, what is the polish and symmetry grade and cut grade of the diamond? Do you know the crown angle and pavilion angle and fluorescence? What is the girdle measuring? Do you have a photo of the diamond and the mounting?

AGS certified #0009580307,

AGS Ideal cut,

Color grade I - AGS 2.5,

Clarity Grade AGS 4 (VS2)

Carat Weight 0.811 cts

Flourescence - Negligible

Polish Ideal

Symmetry Ideal

table 55.5%

depth 61.7%

crown height 15.2%

pavilion depth 43.0%

crown angle 34.3%

girdle - medium to thick

The above specifications are exactly as given on AGS certificate. If you can please advise on the quality of diamond and the price ($2661.00), that would be great!

The price is nicely competitive, especially if this is a local store. AGSL is a good lab and the stones they call ‘ideal’ are consistently lovely. Have you seen it yet?

There’s no way to tell you much about the ring without looking at it. The big issue on rings is craftsmanship and it can vary quite a bit between different manufactures. That’s a reasonable price for a well-made piece of the specs you listed. If it’s badly made you don’t want it anyway but for other reasons.

Neil

The diamond sounds competitively priced. Also the mounting sounds competitive, however I can't tell without photos etc. Is it a branded mounting?

yes, it is mounted on the ring, I do not have picture of the ring. I will try and see if I can scan it and post it. Thank you for your response and input. I really appreciate it.