Should I Buy This Diamond?

stantheman601

i am in the process of purchasing this diamond and i was wondering if these specs look okay to you.

Weight: 0.54ct.

Shape: princess cut

Color: E

Clarity: VS2

Measurements: 4.44 x 4.41 x 3.26 mm

Depth: 73.9

Table: 77

Crown: 10

Pavilion: 60.8

Girdle: Medium to Sl. Thickpolished

Polish: good

Symmetry: good

i am in the process of purchasing this diamond for my girl and i was wondering if these specs look okay to you. Im trying to purchase a ring before our anniversary which is next week so can someone please help me asap!!! this diamond stuff is confusing!

Weight: 0.54ct.

Shape: princess cut

Color: E

Clarity: VS2

Measurements: 4.44 x 4.41 x 3.26 mm

Depth: 73.9

Table: 77

Crown: 10

Pavilion: 60.8

Girdle: Medium to Sl. Thick polished

Polish: good

Symmetry: good

It has a larger table than ones that we see that have great light performance. Could be slightly low in the crown height as well. You might want to learn a little more about the cut grade of princess cut diamonds and about light performance. You can check out :

www.gemex.com

Edited by jan

thanks for the help. I heard that a larger table doesnt have as much fire to it but it does still reflects light well as long as the other demensions are ok. is this true? And i havent seen the diamond yet, Its an internet purchase. I dont like buying off the internet but i figured i would try it out since there is a 30 day money back gaurantee.

thanks for the help. I heard that a larger table doesnt have as much fire to it but it does still reflects light well as long as the other demensions are ok. is this true? And i havent seen the diamond yet, Its an internet purchase. I dont like buying off the internet but i figured i would try it out since there is a 30 day money back gaurantee.

Not really. When cutting a diamond, the critical angle is very important in bringing the light back out of the diamond versus leaking out the bottom. With a low crown height it can be likened into hitting the door, and missing the entire target, versus the bulls eye on the target.

I would also want to get a picture if possible of the diamond as well as some light performance analysis and a good upgrade policy in the future besides a good return policy. It's a real pain to return things.