Quite Beautiful Place, Alone.

boxzor

I have been raised to be rather private with my personal feelings of affection, so when i decided to propose to my current fiance, I waited for a while until i had the "perfect place". By this i meant a place in which we weren't in danger of being disturbed during our special moment.

Our place just happened to be at the end of a several hour hike, at the edge of a cliff with a vast panorama of trees and a river below us. I am a college student so getting engaged at such a "young" age without a pregnancy involved is a bit wierd. And this approach allowed me and my future wife to sit and hold hands after i asked her, then decide when to tell our family/friends.

I personally don't like the restaurant approach because it is too cliche, so i would recommend finding a place that is mutually special to you and your loved one. My fiance appriciated the time i took to find "our place" it didn't make it seem like a spur of the moment decision, but one that i thought about first and will last our lifetimes.