Is This A Great Deal?

parkavenick

The price is fine, as I’m sure you know if you’ve been shopping this for a while. Actually, it’s sufficiently low that it raises a red flag about why. Is this offer coming from a dealer or a private party?

Equally important is whether it’s the right stone at all. A good price on the wrong thing is no bargain after all. Have you seen it? Has anyone other than GIA? Do you love it?

Neil

The price is fine, as I’m sure you know if you’ve been shopping this for a while. Actually, it’s sufficiently low that it raises a red flag about why. Is this offer coming from a dealer or a private party?

Equally important is whether it’s the right stone at all. A good price on the wrong thing is no bargain after all. Have you seen it? Has anyone other than GIA? Do you love it?

Neil

Hi Neil,

Thank you for the response. I kinda thought the same thing. Why is the price so good?? I got the GIA Report number and the stone is coming from a Reputable dealer in New Jersey. The stone has a very slight crystal towards the middle/right hand side that you can only see from looking bottom up with the loop. I was origanily looking for a Cushion cut, but when I was presented this stone I was knocked off my feet. She looks perfect and is very brilliant. Is there any reason why/how this diamond can be such a good deal compared to others out there? I was working with 3 other vendors and after hearing the deal above they all told me to buy the stone.

Thank you,

Nick

Nick,

Are there possible pitfalls? Sure. It might be damaged. It might be misgraded. It might be the wrong stone entirely. There are a variety of things that are possible. If you’re worried about these things, get an independent appraisal and take it back if it doesn’t measure up. On the other hand, it might be something as simple as the fact that taxes are due next week and the dealer may need money more than they need a diamond. Given the description, given that you've got reason to trust the dealer and given that you’ve both seen and love it, snap it up. This will be a very difficult deal for anyone to reproduce.

Neil

Nick,

Are there possible pitfalls? Sure. It might be damaged. It might be misgraded. It might be the wrong stone entirely. There are a variety of things that are possible. If you’re worried about these things, get an independent appraisal and take it back if it doesn’t measure up. On the other hand, it might be something as simple as the fact that taxes are due next week and the dealer may need money more than they need a diamond. Given the description, given that you've got reason to trust the dealer and given that you’ve both seen and love it, snap it up. This will be a very difficult deal for anyone to reproduce.

Neil

Hi Neil,

I will do just that. I am going to invest the money to have a second appraisal done on this stone. I thank you for the info. I saw the stone for a third time and it is not damaged and the slight Crystal matches the Gia inclusion. I think its just a steal of a deal.

Thx,

Nick