Tiffany And Debeer's Competitors

snakeballs

Snake,

It depends on what you want. There’s lots of places out there that sell high quality merchandise that can go toe-to-toe with the best of them but matching the sales environment and notoriety of Tiffany’s is harder to find, especially if you’re not in a big city. Cartier, Harry Winston, Van Clef & Arpels, Mikimoto and Graf come to mind as outfits that put on a pretty well polished show. A lot of folks prefer a more local sort of flavor and a bit more personal type service that you get in a neighborhood store and find the whole Tiffany attitude a bit offputting. Not everyone is looking for the same sort of service after all. Some would just as soon do their shopping at Sam's Clulb or Blue Nile and be done with it. It’s a big world and there’s room for lots of kinds of stores and I'm not sure it's fair to say one is at a 'higher level' than some of the others. There are vastly different styles. It's interesting that DeBeers made your list as first class places and some of these others didn't. They're a relative newcomer in the business of retailing after all. Did you go there? Were you impressed? Just out of curiosity, why must it be a chain? Some of what I would count as the best stores in the country have a single location.

Neil

Hi all,

I've been shopping around with my girlfriend at Tiffany and DeBeers. We would like to see what other popular fine jewelry brands has to offer. Do you have any suggestions on jewelry chains that compete at the same level as Tiffany and DeBeers?

Thanks.

I haven't really seen Debeer's jewelry to be quite honest, but we have brands in our store that put Tiffany to shame. The majority of Tiffany's casting and finish work is "average" at best if you ask me. To be completely honest most chains are below par to average... very very few are extraordinary. One exception in my opinion would be Cartier... the quality of their jewelry also puts Tiffany to shame. I'll give credit where credit is due, there are lots of skilled jewelers out there. But Tiffany being one of the "finest" jewelers in my opinion is an urban legend spun together by some excellent marketing.

Have fun shopping ;)

Yosef

Edited by Adylon