Has Been 10 Years Time For A Real Stone.

Atif

Hi my wife has patiently waited 10 years for a nice Diamond ring. I'm looking for 2 Carat Ideal round cut. G-H color VVS1 or VVS2. There is so much variation in prices that I'm totally confused. Kay Jewelers wants $29000 for this stone. My price range is $20000. can anyone help -- what would be a good deal for a stone such as this?

I live in Rochester but have been thinking of making a trip to NYC. Can anyone recommend some honest and reputable dealers that maybe able to give a good deal. Ebay is full of dealers and there is one offering about 20k for a 2 ct G color and VVS1.

Thanks for any advice. This is our first Diamond.

Edited by Atif

My price range is $20000. can anyone help -- what would be a good deal for a stone such as this?

I

A good deal for a 2.00ct VVS1 G that is well made with a GIA report is around 35k. Stones of this size and quality can go for even more than that too. If you truely do want that grade, I would stick with the top grading labs, either GIA or AGS.

Sorry my Info above s incorrect its a VS2 stone. Color is F

My fear is what has kept me from buying one allready. Purchasing a diamond is more stressfull than buying a car. What would be a more realistic price range for a stone such as this? I'd rather wait and save more and get the stone I want rather then settle for less. Its a one time purchase unless I become a millionaire. Will be in NYC in a few weeks maybe I'll make some appointments and try and see what the NYC dealers are asking. I won't consider anything that is not GIA certified.

This is the info on the stone: 2.12 CT IDEAL CUT DIAMOND RING F VS2

Total Gem Weight: 2.12

Center Stone Clarity: VS2

Center Stone Carats: 2.00

Center Stone Color: F

Center Stone Cut: Round

Side Stone Clarity: VVS/VS

Side Stone Color: F/G

Side Stone Cut: Round Brilliant

Side Stone Carats: 0.12

Metal: 18k White or Yellow

Design #: NES-M149-BR200FV2

Certification/Grading: GAL

Cost $20,400

Edited by Atif

Sorry my Info above s incorrect its a VS2 stone. Color is F

My fear is what has kept me from buying one allready. Purchasing a diamond is more stressfull than buying a car. What would be a more realistic price range for a stone such as this? I'd rather wait and save more and get the stone I want rather then settle for less. Its a one time purchase unless I become a millionaire. Will be in NYC in a few weeks maybe I'll make some appointments and try and see what the NYC dealers are asking. I won't consider anything that is not GIA certified.

This is the info on the stone: 2.12 CT IDEAL CUT DIAMOND RING F VS2

Total Gem Weight: 2.12

Center Stone Clarity: VS2

Center Stone Carats: 2.00

Center Stone Color: F

Center Stone Cut: Round

Side Stone Clarity: VVS/VS

Side Stone Color: F/G

Side Stone Cut: Round Brilliant

Side Stone Carats: 0.12

Metal: 18k White or Yellow

Design #: NES-M149-BR200FV2

Certification/Grading: GAL

Cost $20,400

Hmmmm. What am I missing here?

Neil

Hi atif I was able to locate that listing with the info you posted. Basically that diamond has no grading report. GAL = nothing/nobody.

If it had a GIA report it would be different story.

If you like that mounting it is no problem for most to do. So I`d say focus on the center stone with a legit report such as GIA.

I think you can get something nicely cut in a 2.00ct VS2 F with a GIA grading report for around 24k. If you drop slightly under the 2.00ct weight threshold you may get in pretty close to what you were thinking. Matter of finding the right diamond in the 1.80-1.99 range.

Edited by Bradley

Hi atif I was able to locate that listing with the info you posted. Basically that diamond has no grading report. GAL = nothing/nobody.

If it had a GIA report it would be different story.

If you like that mounting it is no problem for most to do. So I`d say focus on the center stone with a legit report such as GIA.

I think you can get something nicely cut in a 2.00ct VS2 F with a GIA grading report for around 24k. If you drop slightly under the 2.00ct weight threshold you may get in pretty close to what you were thinking. Matter of finding the right diamond in the 1.80-1.99 range.

NO I don't like that mounting just the stone. We want a different mounting. Ok I get it GAL is a way to confuse the buyer into thinking it is Certified. GIA is the only way to go. I can do $24K for the piece of mind knowing I'm getting a GIA stone with this quality. Thanks Bradly for your help I may not have caught that. Can you point me to some reputable dealers preferably outside of NY so I can save some tax money?

Edited by Atif

Atif,

Bradley is a dealer in Florida with the same company as Jan who posted earlier. You can link to their site through the 'Diamond Brokers of Florida' link at the bottom of Jan's post or you can make a guess at his URL based on his email at the foot of his own posts.

Neil

"GAL" is a bogus "lab" as far as I know...

Stick with a GIA or AGS from a reputable dealer.

Best of luck and congrats on this momentous purchase!

I wanted to thank everyone once again for your help and education. I ended up buying this diamond for $19000.

GIA REPORT

Picture 1

Picture 2

Very reputable dealer in LA. Norman Goodman & Co. I business for 46 years.

Atif