Compare My Asscher Choice

bsearle

Please, someone give me their professional opinion on these three asschers; I'm stuck.

The first is 1.44/F/VS2/Ideal/Sym.Good/Polish Excellent/Depth68.7/Table61% Measures 6.27X6.23X4.28/ $8,695

The second is 1.53/F/VS2/Ideal/Sym.Excellent/PolishVG/ Depth67.3/Table60% Measures 6.34X6.30X4.24/ $9,585

The third is 1.51/F/VS2/Ideal/Sym. Excellent/PolishVG/Depth63.5/Table60% Measures 6.65X6.49X4.12/ $10.464

I have no clue which one to choose from.

If you have any advice, I need it and will appreciate it!

I can see why your stuck. Hard to choose with that limited info. Asschers can vary so much, and some being listed sometimes aren`t really all that close to a true asscher in looks. Try getting some photos to see how the outline looks, shape of corners, step facet alignment, brilliance/fire, clarity, etc.

post-114043-1206409591_thumb.jpg

Here is a recent example ( one on the right) of a diamond that was sold online as an asscher that someone brought us to examine. As you can see from the photo comparison the one on the right doesn`t look anything like the one on the left. ;) The obvious "black hole" that sits dead center of the diamond makes this one dull diamond. Yet it has a verygood polish and symmetry from GIA, and was listed as an asscher at a very popular online site.

Edited by Bradley

post-114043-1206409591_thumb.jpg

Here is a recent example ( one on the right) of a diamond that was sold online as an asscher that someone brought us to examine. As you can see from the photo comparison the one on the right doesn`t look anything like the one on the left. :P The obvious "black hole" that sits dead center of the diamond makes this one dull diamond. Yet it has a verygood polish and symmetry from GIA, and was listed as an asscher at a very popular online site.

I aked the sales peron for a photo today and she said they can't send one. What? Why? I told her I guess I will just order one view it send it back order another one view it send it back and order the other one and take the photos myself. This seems like a lot of waisted time ordering and sending back. Do you have any advice on how to go about this when I call her tomorrow? I wish they could just lay them side by side like your photo and send it to me. I wonder if they actually have the diamonds in their possession? This online stuff is tricky. ;)

They may not have them in stock. Very possibly a listing of "drop ship" diamonds. Suppliers have them, but the sites listing them don`t.

In order to get them in someone has to pay shipping and insurance, and return shipping, and then take the time to photograph the diamond. Not many of sites listing this way are willing to do this to get your business, but you can ask. It changes the whole scheme of things when "service" becomes part of the equation.