Is This Diamond Worth 3k?

ams

Hey Jan,

Thank you much! I really like the image number 2.

Could you please let me know where to find that setting. I could not read your previus post really well. But, loved your suggestion!

Look forward to hearing from you, AS

Seeing as how this thread is all about price...I'm still questioning some of these prices we are talking about....

Jan mentioned she carries such a setting- as do we-

109r1239a.JPG

I'd be interested if Jan feels it's a 1.01 H/VS2 is a $3000 diamond, and this type of design, made with quality diamonds and labor is a $500 ring......

Believe it or not there are more cushions in that price range where that came from, welcome to the internet. ;) Hard to say unless you have it in front of you in how it`s going to look in real life. Saw an asscher that sounded good on paper but it looked dead in person.

$500. sounds like a good deal, you should be able to sell a bunch of those. :P

Rather than trying to confuse the issue more, straight answers might actually help educate people reading this.

Regardless of what is supposedly being offered on the Internet... let's remember that a lot of the offerings on the Internet may not even be there when the client calls... "oops that one is sold, but we have do one for $4000..."

My questions to you as a fellow seller are:

Do you believe that a price of $3000 is correct for a well cut, 1.00 HVS 2 carat diamond?

Do you believe the type of setting we are discussing here can be purchased for $500?

Do you prefer this asscher instead? My fiance does...but I know asschers can be tricky (especially on my 3K budget). What do you think?

Please see specs below as per GIA.

Square Emerald Cut

Measurements: 5.59 X 5.57 X 3.88 mm

Carat weight: 1.02

Color: H

Clarity Grade: SI1

Polish: Good

Symetry: Very Good

Fluorescence: None

Table: 68%

Depth: 68.9%

Thick

Comments: pinpoints, internal graining and surface are not shown

Finally, who do you think is the best online for square asschers?

post-115159-1206566569_thumb.jpg

Hi Ams I like the Asscher cuts myself. Usually I look to keep the clarity in VS2 and above since the faceting may not mask certain inclusions to the eye. Altough the SI 1 you posted looks pretty nice from the photo so far.

I did happen to locate a VS2 H close to your budget at $3150. :rolleyes: