Need Help - Urgent

ams

Umm. There are zillions of alternatives for perfect square and cushion cuts, not including the stone you've linked to. I'm not understanding your question.

Neil

I'm sorry Neil, maybe I was not very clear. Pretty much I am on search for a perfect square cut (or Jubilee, or Cushion). I liked the image attached, but I think it will be too small of a diamond (plus it is a J color and I prefer white).

Any help is truly appreciated. AS

The shape of the center stone has a profound affect on the look of the finished piece. Square, cushion, jubilee and others are VERY different animals. I would start by narrowing down your specs further. If you can arrange it, visit a few jewelry stores and look at actual stones to see what you like and don't like about the various facet patterns. At the same time, evaluate your own sensitivity to color. The usual reason that people buy J colors is because they're cheaper and most people perceive them as still being 'white' but the standard here is not what most people see, it's what you and your beloved see. The tradeoff here is usually in the size or price (or both). Where to draw the line here is a personal decision that you must make.

Neil

The Jubilee despite the tremendous hype and fanfare it received when it debuted is no longer being manufactured.

It just never caught on with the public.

Stick with a more traditional shape that will stand the test of time and still be around years from now if you and/or your gal ever decide to upgrade.

Current Jubilee owners wanting to upgrade are stuck because the selling Jeweler has no market for this shape.

Take Neils advice and shop around and actually view the different shapes to determine which one you like best.

Once you have made this decision, then you can fine tune carat weight, color, and clarity.

Good Luck!

The Jubilee despite the tremendous hype and fanfare it received when it debuted is no longer being manufactured.

It just never caught on with the public.

Stick with a more traditional shape that will stand the test of time and still be around years from now if you and/or your gal ever decide to upgrade.

Current Jubilee owners wanting to upgrade are stuck because the selling Jeweler has no market for this shape.

Take Neils advice and shop around and actually view the different shapes to determine which one you like best.

Once you have made this decision, then you can fine tune carat weight, color, and clarity.

Good Luck!

I liked this, please let me know your thoughts about teh ring attached.

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/detai...hp?image_id=380

Is it worth the price?

Do you thing she will prefer a bigger cushion diamond in a solitaire ring instead?

I appreciate your comments.

AS