Opinions Of An Asscher Diamond?

rupthekid

Hey all. I'm in the market for an asscher ring. I've been looking hard to find the more stop sign variety with the 'cut-cornered square step' on the GIA certi versus the 'square cut emerald' distinction, but it's slow goings.

Here's the best deal I've found so far, please let me know your thoughts:

GIA

MSW: 5.97 x 5.87 x 4.03 mm

CTW: 1.27

COLOR: H

CLARITY: VVS2

POLISH: EX

SYMM: VG

GIRDLE: slightly thick to thick

Depth: 68.7%

Table: 61%

It's about $6200 (loose stone only). I've been able to find "asschers" with the 'square cut emerald' on the certificate for the same price that's running about 10-15% larger with similar stats. Please let me know your thoughts. My location really prevents me from going to local jewelers, so online is the best way to go. Any recommendations for jewelers that can help on this is also appreciated.

Thanks!

post-115126-1205681478_thumb.jpg

Edited by rupthekid

Check this out. These all have the 3 sets of facets on the crown and 5 sets on pavilion yet they all look different as an example.post-10-1205605036.jpg

Of the 3 pictures, which one do you think looks the best?

Thanks for the reply. Out of the two, I would prefer the top or second one. I see your point where it's tough to say without a photo, because to me the third one looks lifeless in comparison. What's the difference between the three?

Also, I found a photo of a setting I really like, but it was for a round cut. I asked the jeweler that designed the setting if he would make the same setting as an asscher, but he said he's too busy right now to modify his designs. I assume other jewelers can make one? Is this something you can help with?

EDIT: I uploaded a photo. It's not a good one, but it's the best I can get.

Thanks!

Edited by rupthekid

Check this out. These all have the 3 sets of facets on the crown and 5 sets on pavilion yet they all look different as an example.post-10-1205605036.jpg

Of the 3 pictures, which one do you think looks the best?

Thanks for the reply. Out of the two, I would prefer the top or second one. I see your point where it's tough to say without a photo, because to me the third one looks lifeless in comparison. What's the difference between the three?

Also, I found a photo of a setting I really like, but it was for a round cut. I asked the jeweler that designed the setting if he would make the same setting as an asscher, but he said he's too busy right now to modify his designs. I assume other jewelers can make one? Is this something you can help with?

EDIT: I uploaded a photo. It's not a good one, but it's the best I can get.

Thanks!

The photo didn't show up for me of the setting you are looking for. The 2nd picture is of a royal asscher or patented cut. Also are you sure the picture that you put up is of the actual stone? Recently I've seen some people getting pictures from the dealers that are not of the real stone. I guess they are just picking up photos and sending them to clients because we ask for photos to see how the stone looks. Some of the drop ship sites don't actually see the stones? Be careful out there.

I agree with Jan, you need to be careful with these photos.

Another thing I would mention, is that diamond shoppers were looking for the lowest possible price may often find something that is too good to be true.

By no means am I suggesting you should overpay, however trying to find something that's really cheap will get you something really cheap.