Change Curved Band

abergin

I have a beautiful engagement ring that is three stone (Center is 2 carats and side stones are .5 carats) with channel set diamonds on the sides. The center stone protrudes on the side so I had to buy a curved band so it would sit flush. I don't really like the look of the curved band. What are my options? Can I have the engagement ring altered so that I can have a straight band. The metal would have to be cut somehow. Is this possible? Also is there a way to meld my wedding band so that it is straight. I want to keep my original ring. I appreciate any help you can offer.

With a diamond that large, you don't have a lot of options. To be able to fit a straight band flush against your engagement ring, the center diamond would need to be like, 3 feet off your finger.

wbec.jpg

Above is an example of a straight band, which has a carved out area to fit flush against an engagement ring

I have a beautiful engagement ring that is three stone (Center is 2 carats and side stones are .5 carats) with channel set diamonds on the sides. The center stone protrudes on the side so I had to buy a curved band so it would sit flush. I don't really like the look of the curved band. What are my options? Can I have the engagement ring altered so that I can have a straight band. The metal would have to be cut somehow. Is this possible? Also is there a way to meld my wedding band so that it is straight. I want to keep my original ring. I appreciate any help you can offer.

From your written description, it sounds like you'd need a new ring, both engagement and wedding band. If you posted a picture it would probably help quite a bit. If you have a sentimental attachment to the ring I would suggest finding someone who would melt down the rings, refine, re-alloy and/or re-cast them for you into something else you like.

Best of luck.

Yosef