Which Radiant Diamond Is Better Overall?

ajano

Hello all, i am searching around for an engagement ring diamond and my gf wants a radiant.

I am trying to decide between the following :

Shape:Radiant

Carat weight:1.21

Cut:Premium

Color:F

Clarity:VVS1

Certificate:GIA

Depth:65.9%

Table: 68.0%

Polish:Very Good

Very thin to slightly thick

Ratio:1.11

OR

Carat weight:1.25

Color:D

Clarity:VS1

Depth:67.3%

Table:68.0%

Polish:Excellent

Symmetry:Excellent

Girdle:Slightly thick to thick

Culet:None

Fluorescence:None

Measurements:6.30*5.71*3.84

Ratio:1.10

Any feedback you guys can offer me? </FONT></FONT>

Hello all, i am searching around for an engagement ring diamond and my gf wants a radiant.

I am trying to decide between the following :

Carat weight:1.21

Color:F

Clarity:VVS1

Depth:65.9%

Table: 68.0%

Polish:Very Good

Very thin to slightly thick

Ratio:1.11

OR

Carat weight:1.25

Color:D

Clarity:VS1

Depth:67.3%

Table:68.0%

Polish:Excellent

Symmetry:Excellent

Girdle:Slightly thick to thick

Culet:None

Fluorescence:None

Measurements:6.30*5.71*3.84

Ratio:1.10

Any feedback you guys can offer me? </FONT></FONT>

I hope you have more info that some numbers on a piece of paper to make the decision. Diamonds are really hard to judge how pretty they are based on numbers only.

Any pictures of the individual diamonds?

The first picture looks like it could be brighter around the outside of the diamond and hazed somewhat under the table. Could just be the photo though not sure. 2nd picture looks like not that great of faceting.

If I had to choose between those two, without any others to compare I would choose the first one.

Can they give you any better photos? Maybe something that looks less diffused and more lifelike.

I agree with Jan- the second one looks like it would have a "bowtie" becasue the facets seem very wide in the center.

Ostensibly, the first one looks ok to me..... but I'd also like to see a few additional photos.

What are the prices?

Im working on getting more pictures out here for you guys, but as for price please see below

1.25 diamond price: $8,370

1.21 diamond price: $7,830

The prices are certainly in line, they do not raise red flags because they are too low or too high. And that is important.

It is not us that should really be demanding more photos, it is you. Many times if a seller does not have the diamond, they have only one photo. Maybe they could provide a photo on someone's hand, or something to show that actually do possess the diamond

Edited by diamondsbylauren

here is a second photo of the 1.21 ct diamond.

1.2b.jpg

I should be getting more photos tomorrow and hopefully one comparing the two together.

also- i think the price on the diamond is still negotiable. Assuming these come out to be fairly decent photos, is there a certain percentage lower i should offer for the diamonds?

Thanks again for everybodies help, this stuff is pretty difficult to do on my own.

Wow that's very interesting. If you ask me those photos raise a lot of questions.

For one thing, the stone on the right looks a whole lot darker than F color. In fact, it doesn't very much look like the diamonds in the first photos... neither stone looks like the first photos. This could be because of a totally different camera, but that does not explain the huge amount of color you can see in the stone on the right

I appreciate all these comments please keep them coming and i am going to try to get more photos.

I agree with the comment that the 1.21 "F" stone looks like a completely different rock.

The company is JamesAllen.com, have you heard anything about these guys being reputable or shadey?

I really like the 1.25ct diamond but i just dont want to be taken for a ride. (as im sure nobody does)

Ive left the guy ive been going back and fourth with a message asking him about the diamonds, but overall $8400 for the 1.25 vs1 *seems* to be a good price from what im seeing around.

Hey guys,

This is Jim from JamesAllen.com. Judging diamond color and proportions from a photograph might be fun, but it isn't very accurate. We pulled both of these diamonds out of the safe this morning and confirmed everything is a perfect match against the GIA reports.

While I agree that pictures can be helpful, nothing beats having the diamonds inspected side-by-side by a qualified appraiser or member of the diamond trade. That's exactly why we had these two diamonds examined by one of our inhouse GIA GG's and recommended to ajano the D-VS1.

Now it's just up to him as to whether or not he pulls the trigger!

I'm going to say that the first set of photos that you put up were not of the stones in the stats as the length to width ratios were much more square. The 3rd set of photos is more likely that they are of the stones in the stats just based on the dimensions you listed, however the colors look quite drastically different from what a D-F comparison should look like. Where did you get the first 3 photos of the square radiants from?

Edited by jan

I'm going to say that the first set of photos that you put up were not of the stones in the stats as the length to width ratios were much more square. The 3rd set of photos is more likely that they are of the stones in the stats just based on the dimensions you listed, however the colors look quite drastically different from what a D-F comparison should look like. Where did you get the first 3 photos of the square radiants from?

the first vs1 1.25 was off the website directly and all other pictures were emailed to me directly.

the first vs1 1.25 was off the website directly and all other pictures were emailed to me directly.

My guess would be that the wrong photos were loaded originally.

Hey folks,

I think as vendors we should be careful about making such absolute conclusions based on a few photographs. Every one of these images were captured by a member of my staff, in my office. While it is always possible that some mixup took place, it is just as possible (and in this case more likely), that you guys are simply wrong. The diamonds were checked, rechecked, and checked again.

Does the 'F' look yellow - yup. Chalk it up to bad lighting and a $100 camera. Does it look a bit more rectangular in the last pic? Yup. But turn it sideways and it matches up perfectly with the magnified images. You can even see the same faceting pattern.

As we all know, trying to capture the true sense of a diamonds beauty and appearance in a static image is nearly impossible. The images that we take and display on the website are most useful for a) sorting through SI quality diamonds to find diamonds with the most subtle inclusions, :blink: getting some sense of the overall shape in a fancy diamond and c) showing off the perfect symmetry in some of our round diamonds. Trying to use any of these photo's to gauge color, brilliance, dispersion or any other measure of beauty is futile. For those types of observations and recommendations we depend on our staff and the personal examination of each diamond. We've done that for ajano and in this instance the D-VS1 was the clear winner in a number of different ways.

Edited by James Allen

Yes, i actually ordered it today.

I went with the 1.25 vs1, i am eager to see this face to face and will def provide photos.

total package w band

http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_41...g&item=1936

Thats the link to the band and stone. plat. band

"rounded wire are 16 pave set round brilliant cut diamonds, totaling 0.32ctw. Set with your diamond, this ring is certain to be stylish and full of brilliance. "

total paid was $9,075, (generous 445 discount) -- how'd I do?

30 day money back full refund. I spoke to three diff people with the company, they were all actually very helpful and nice.