Clarity-vvs2

Depth: 63.8%

Table- 60%

Girdle: Slightly thick to thick

Cutlet: none

Polish: excellent

Symmetry: excellent

Flourescence: None

I'm going to try and post a few pics, hope the files arent too large. Please take into account, I took the pics using sub par equipment and there is some lint showing. I dont have experise as shown from some of the pics. I have purchased the diamond...but please feel free to give you're opinion. The stone really is beautiful under natural light, much better that I thought. Lots of sparkle but hopefully you can see that in the 8 bit blk/white photo's without proper lighting...again...sorry if the photo's are large :rolleyes:

Please give me your thoughts, all of of my My searches turned out to be 10k-11.5k. You're thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Matt

( Neil and Barry, hope you can appreciate the work and due dillegence I put into this....even tho I still need a semi mount :rolleyes:

post-114944-1204765409_thumb.jpg

post-114944-1204765476_thumb.jpg

Edited by just looking

Hello everyone ( especially, Berry Jan Lauren and Neil) :rolleyes:

GIA-

Ct. 1.26

Square Emerald cut

measurement-6.24x6.19x3.95

Color- f

Clarity-vvs2

Table- 60%

I'm going to try and post a few pics, hope the files arent too large. Please take into account, I took the pics using sub par equipment and there is some lint showing. I dont have experise as shown from some of the pics. I have purchased the diamond...but please feel free to give you're opinion. The stone really is beautiful under natural light, much better that I thought. Lots of sparkle but hopefully you can see that in the 8 bit blk/white photo's without proper lighting...again...sorry if the photo's are large :rolleyes:

Please give me your thoughts, all of of my My searches turned out to be 10k-11.5k. You're thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Matt

( Neil and Barry, hope you can appreciate the work and due dillegence I put into this....even tho I still need a semi mount :rolleyes:

Are you saying your searches were 10-11.5 for the stone?

That seems exceedingly high by 2-3K. Especially for a generic square emerald cut.

Edited by jan

GIA-

Ct. 1.26

Square Emerald cut

Color- f

Clarity-vvs2

Table- 60%

Regards,

Matt

Are you saying your searches were 10-11.5 for the stone?

That seems exceedingly high by 2-3K. Especially for a generic square emerald cut.

Jan your right, it is a bit high. Earlier searches this week and last turned out to be 9-10k ( last week) Earlier this week, my search turned up 10.5, but now with more recent searches a G ,gd, gd is rougly 8.7k

Regards,

Matt

It looks very nice to me. How much was this Diamond?

Lauren,

Thank you for your opinion and nice remark. The stone does look very nice under the light...to be honest, I was really amased at the stone but then again in my neck of the woods I dont see many step cuts. They are almost always rounds or princess. I'm posting some more pics..again in 8 bit grey scale with just top lighting.....the light isnt worth a darn not too mention my photography skills :rolleyes:

As far as price, I almost hate posting it becuase some in the back of their mind will say it must be fake, junk or something. I had it appraised and verfied aganst the GIA report and purchased from a private seller.....I paid $3900.00. What do you think?

Regards,

Matt

post-114944-1204841854_thumb.jpg

post-114944-1204841864_thumb.jpg

post-114944-1204841937_thumb.jpg

post-114944-1204841946_thumb.jpg

Wow, somoene must have been quite hard up for money!

I think a jewelry store would pay a lot more than $3900.....

When I first talked with the gemologist about the stone, he asked all the questions...told me then what the going price was. he then realy helped me out with some other info, he also stated that in the midewest ( where I'm from) he can't sell asschers. he stated that in the other store located in Chicago, that store can sell asschers. He also said that on the east coast where you're from, asschers sell as well. SO I had that working for me, thus the reason it wasnt able to sell and had it listed for over a month.

I had the impression you bought this from a a private individual, not a store.....

For a person involved in the diamond business, possessing a diamond in the Midwest doesn't make a diamond worth 30% what it's worth elsewhere

I bought it from a private owner. The gemologist that I used was giving me his experience trying to sell stones like this through his store. Thus, he was simply assuming that the gentlemen trying to sell the stone didnt have any offers. Does that help clarify ?

regards,

M

Sorry I misunderstood your prior response.

That makes a lot of sense..... depending where you are in the Midwest, of course. IN a small town, there might not be a jeweler with the clienele to invest in such a stone.

But I'm sure you could find a Jeweler in Chicago that would be interested in such a stone

It would not be difficult to sell that stone for that price. You did well.

I’m in the Midwest, and Asscher’s are popular in my neighborhood, not to mention that every serious dealer I know has the wherewithal to find clients worldwide if they think that’s the best way to maximize their sale but this doesn’t mean that your particular dealer has experience with these channels. FedEx and the USPS offer wonderful services. The physical location of the stone (or the dealer) has remarkably little to do with salability any more. This is actually something of a change in the last 30 years or so and it seems to be a point of confusion for a lot of people. There is an expectation that a better deal is to be had by going to Antwerp, New York, Israel, Aruba or wherever to make a purchase. It’s just too efficient a market for that and there are plenty of smart people in New York and elsewhere who keep it that way. If they thought they could get even 10% more for their goods by setting up stores out here in fly-over country we would be flooded with smart New Yawkers doing exactly that. Similarly, if the dealers with diamonds in Kansas City or Denver could get a significantly better price or faster sale by shipping them to their friends in LA or Tokyo, they would be on the next flight.

Private sellers are often less aware of their alternatives, less aware of what they have or are less able to wait while something sells and there is occasionally a bargain to be had by buying from them. Sniffing them out requires a bit of luck and a bit of diligence. You seem to have hit it on both and you get to reap the rewards of it. Congratulations. Lots of life works like this by the way. Believe it or not, you’ve been developing a useful skill here, even if you never buy another diamond again.

Neil

It would not be difficult to sell that stone for that price. You did well.

I’m in the Midwest, and Asscher’s are popular in my neighborhood, not to mention that every serious dealer I know has the wherewithal to find clients worldwide if they think that’s the best way to maximize their sale but this doesn’t mean that your particular dealer has experience with these channels. FedEx and the USPS offer wonderful services. The physical location of the stone (or the dealer) has remarkably little to do with salability any more. This is actually something of a change in the last 30 years or so and it seems to be a point of confusion for a lot of people. There is an expectation that a better deal is to be had by going to Antwerp, New York, Israel, Aruba or wherever to make a purchase. It’s just too efficient a market for that and there are plenty of smart people in New York and elsewhere who keep it that way. If they thought they could get even 10% more for their goods by setting up stores out here in fly-over country we would be flooded with smart New Yawkers doing exactly that. Similarly, if the dealers with diamonds in Kansas City or Denver could get a significantly better price or faster sale by shipping them to their friends in LA or Tokyo, they would be on the next flight.

Private sellers are often less aware of their alternatives, less aware of what they have or are less able to wait while something sells and there is occasionally a bargain to be had by buying from them. Sniffing them out requires a bit of luck and a bit of diligence. You seem to have hit it on both and you get to reap the rewards of it. Congratulations. Lots of life works like this by the way. Believe it or not, you’ve been developing a useful skill here, even if you never buy another diamond again.

Neil

Neil,

Thank you very much. I work in research and development so looking into every possible option is what I like to do. But the mission is not complete...now finding the proper setting.

Thanks again for you're kind remarks.

Matt

It looks very nice to me. How much was this Diamond?

Lauren,

Thank you for your opinion and nice remark. The stone does look very nice under the light...to be honest, I was really amased at the stone but then again in my neck of the woods I dont see many step cuts. They are almost always rounds or princess. I'm posting some more pics..again in 8 bit grey scale with just top lighting.....the light isnt worth a darn not too mention my photography skills :rolleyes:

As far as price, I almost hate posting it becuase some in the back of their mind will say it must be fake, junk or something. I had it appraised and verfied aganst the GIA report and purchased from a private seller.....I paid $3900.00. What do you think?

Regards,

Matt

If you got that stone for $3900 you got a steal.

I had the impression you bought this from a a private individual, not a store.....

For a person involved in the diamond business, possessing a diamond in the Midwest doesn't make a diamond worth 30% what it's worth elsewhere

I bought it from a private owner. The gemologist that I used was giving me his experience trying to sell stones like this through his store. Thus, he was simply assuming that the gentlemen trying to sell the stone didnt have any offers. Does that help clarify ?

regards,

M

Lauren,

Not sure if you get any semi mounts on trade-in's. You may be after the ceenter stone rather than the whole shooting match. So by chance you something that is attractive in wg that isnt over the top and is conservative please keep me in mind. I like a channel setting personally but your thoughts are welcome all except for the halo look :rolleyes:

Regards,

Matt

GIA-

Ct. 1.26

Square Emerald cut

Color- f

Clarity-vvs2

Table- 60%

Regards,

Matt

The cut is premium and that is good but the girdle is kind of thick. For the color and clarity though it looks like a great diamond!! Maybe you can make a deal for 9,500.00 based on the girdle thickness because that can decrease its sparkle. Good luck