Deal Or No Deal?

buffaloefan

Hello all,

I've been reading this forum for a few weeks and am very impressed by all the knowledgeable posters and helpful information that is exchanged. I'm like many others looking for a diamond and am not very confident I'm getting a fair price for what I'm looking at. 1st stop, Ben Bridge. The sales woman was showing me a 1.34, Round (Ideal Cut) I, VS2 stone at $8500. The diamond, in my opinion was very beautiful. 2nd Stop, Independent jeweler out of Denver. The gentleman there was showing me a 1.24, Round, F, SI1, 61 depth, 51% table, the cut is Good (according to a GIA report) for $6500. Stop 3, Shane Co. The sales guy there showed me several stones, one being a 1.28, G, VS2 with a GIA report for $8,970. The 2nd store I went to with the F color appears to be the best deal. I'm not sure if this diamond is priced about right and the other stores are over priced. Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated.

The question that you have to ask yourself is that do you want a colorless diamond that is SI clarity or would you like a near colorless diamond in the VS clarity. To know about pricing use the diamond search and compare.

And then you would know if you got a deal or not.

Yekutiel

Diamond Consultant

www.idjewelryonline.com