"adylon" Makes The News ;)

Adylon

I hope it's OK if I post this here, I'm just very excited. In today's Burbank Leader (distributed through the LA Times), I got a featured spotlight on my new store....

http://burbankleader.com/articles/2008/02/...-jewelery20.txt

It's pretty cool, a great article, it was first page in the newspaper as well, one full page with more photos.

I attached some pics of my new store as well. If anyone is in the Burbank area or any jewelers in the LA area, please stop by and say hello, all the regulars here included! :)

post-112762-1203539265_thumb.jpg

post-112762-1203539272_thumb.jpg

post-112762-1203539277_thumb.jpg

post-112762-1203539282_thumb.jpg

post-112762-1203539287_thumb.jpg

post-112762-1203539292_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys I appreciate it. Who knew renovating 280sqft would take so long and cost so much :) I have a little area on the side too for my safe, bathroom, ultrasonic/steaming, etc.

Now I can finally relax and develop my website some more.... got lots of big things planned. I hope you guys come by and visit some time.

Can you get a sign up there with AMC & Ross?

Neil

I wish! They're the big dogs in this complex, my shop is not even 2% the size they are. I have an awning above my store I can place a sign on, but I thought it would look cheap having something on the edge, so I'm still trying to figure out how to do it. I might put some black and white stickers of like a happy bride with her rings on one side and an attractive woman wearing a necklace and earrings on either side on the black glass above the showcases to draw more attention. I don't want to put too much either though to make it look too cheap. We'll see how it goes :) I still have lots of things to play with. I'm going to shoot a 15-sec animated ad to show in all the movie theaters as well which should be good since the entrance is right around the corner.

Edited by Adylon

Yosef,

You have a wonderful site. It was easy to navigate ( which I did ) and very fast as well. It was a ittle difficult to read the appraisals. If you went to a pdf format that may give the consumer the oppurtunity to enlarge the pdf to make it more readable, or maybe I'm just getting old :) I am getting old...it was me...I was able to enlarge it :)

It's a great site and the stores look great from the front !! I wish you the very best.

Regards :)

Edited by just looking

thanks herman :)

and JL thanks for the comments....the site still has much work needed. 3 of the designers as far as bridal jewelry are not even on there or updated. and 90% of the diamond goods are not even photographed/listed yet. but in due time... but thanks for the kind words :rolleyes:

Thanks Judah, I'm so used to working from home or my own office or with family, now that I go into the store everyday I've started growing a beard, shaving daily is a killer on my skin.... so now that I have the beard everyone thinks I'm Jewish.... I just gotta learn Hebrew now :rolleyes:

Yosef,

It looks beautiful and inviting!

I wish you the best of Mazal in this new store.

Kindest,

Yosef,

I gave you a compliment, so I'm really not sure where the Jewish religion factors into this equation?

Perhaps you can tell us all what I am missing here?

1. "Mazal" is a universal term in the diamond industry (I'm sure you know that).

2. Yosef is a nice Biblical name and is used by people of several different religious faiths.

3. You don't have to be "Jewish" to sport a beard and indeed this is the case for many.

Of course, feel free to learn Hebrew if that is your desire.

Edited by DiamondMaven

Judah, I know you complimented and I appreciate it. I thought Mazal was a Jewish thing, I have a lot to learn still :rolleyes: I'm really liking the beard. Hebrew from what I understand is not all that different from Aramaic that's spoken in my Church. We call it kthobonoyo, the dialect of Aramaic that is. I'm actually planning to take a formal course on it soon and the side benefit will be of course a better understanding of Ancient Hebrew. That's why my name is Yosef (like a "yo-yo") and not Yousef (like "you"). I know Jewish people say Yo-sef like we do, not Yousef.

Best Regards,

Yosef

Edited by Adylon