First Time Buyer Needs Advice

bdubbs79

I am starting to look for the first time and I want to go big. Tell me if I'm crazy.... My girlfriend is tiny and her fingers are small. Does anyone get the combo engagement/wedding rings anymore? I want 1.5-2 carats and most importantly a beautiful ring that will give the "wow" factor. What are the biggest factors for the Wow factors? Cut? Clarity? Color? I know the basics, but that still leaves me clueless.....

Here are a couple of possibles. Please drop a line, and maybe where I can go to get the stone seperate or best retailer....etc... lastly round or princess?

A round diamond that is about $20,000, 2.00 carats, Very good cut, color H, VS1, very good polish and symmetry, 1.01 ratio, GIA report, girdle thin to very thick, $9,997 per carat

A round diamond $19,860, 1.54 carats Ideal cut. Color F, VVS2 clarity $12,896 per carat

A princess cut 1.75 carat for $17k very good cut, color H, IF clarity, very good polish and symmetry

Or 2 carat princess cut for $15,500 very good cut, color H, VVS2 clarity excellent polish and symmetry. I like the sound of this one.