Diamond Studs

pearly

Have you got an offer that you're looking into or are you setting a theoretical budget in anticipation of a shopping trip?

What's the source of the grading information?

Do you know anything at all about the cutting?

Do you know anything at all about the earrings?

Where are you?

Neil

i have currently got an offer for it. I did do research on the 4C's and appraisals etc....but by no means i am savy in buying diamonds.

The price i am getting on these diamond studs is $850.Another factor is that this pair does not come certified but appraised.

I'm planning to do an appraisal from an expert from my side before buying these pair.

Please let me know wat are your thoughts.

Are you the buyer or the seller?

Accurate grading makes a huge difference.

Market selection makes a huge difference.

Poorly graded stones with that description by a private party on ebay would go unsold for $600. A store in Aspen or Beverly Hills may want more than $2500. If the grading is good and the cut is at least decent, that's a fair price. If the grading is off then it's not.

Some places the prices are higher because of taxes and such. Nothing is cheap in Japan these days for example. I'm guessing by your correct spelling of colour that you're not from the US.

Neil

Are you the buyer or the seller?

Accurate grading makes a huge difference.

Market selection makes a huge difference.

Poorly graded stones with that description by a private party on ebay would go unsold for $600. A store in Aspen or Beverly Hills may want more than $2500. If the grading is good and the cut is at least decent, that's a fair price. If the grading is off then it's not.

Some places the prices are higher because of taxes and such. Nothing is cheap in Japan these days for example. I'm guessing by your correct spelling of colour that you're not from the US.

Neil

I guess it should not matter on the spelling weather its US English (color) or British English (colour)....but commin back to your questions..I'm a buyer and am from US.

But i guess you are right..i will get back when i have proper specs with me (i just saw the offer and posted for suggestions).Hopefully that should solve my confusion.

Thanks for your prompt replies!

Edited by pearly