Cape Color Princess That I Found Appears Overpriced

micesu

I like warmer color stones and found a princess cut that intrigued me and got the stats on it but the price seems a bit high for what it is.

Here's the GIA:

Square Modified Brilliant

5.50X5.32X3.98 MM

N color

Internally Flawless

Pol/Sym-VG

Flour-Med Blue

74% Table

74.8% depth

Girdle Vth-Etk

Price is $2872

I found 1.04 M VVS1 VG/EX that is $700 less. Isn't this a little overpriced for what it is? They don't provide photos of the stone so if I wanted to proceed should I contact another online jeweler and see if they could get the stone. I don't mind paying extra for photos, light analysis, etc.. but this seems a too high for a cape color stone that I don't get to see until I purchase it.

I like warmer color stones and found a princess cut that intrigued me and got the stats on it but the price seems a bit high for what it is.

Here's the GIA:

5.50X5.32X3.98 MM

N color

Internally Flawless

Pol/Sym-VG

Flour-Med Blue

74% Table

74.8% depth

Girdle Vth-Etk

Price is $2872

I found 1.04 M VVS1 VG/EX that is $700 less. Isn't this a little overpriced for what it is? They don't provide photos of the stone so if I wanted to proceed should I contact another online jeweler and see if they could get the stone. I don't mind paying extra for photos, light analysis, etc.. but this seems a too high for a cape color stone that I don't get to see until I purchase it.

Hi,

the price is absolutely not that high, based solely on the grade.

Of course, the diamond could be a total dog. In which case it would not be worth the money.

the this whole situation highlights the problems that buyers encounter when they tried to buy a diamond for people that do not have it. Putting diamonds on the list, does not guarantee that they are available-or that they are attractive.

What this means is that the 1.04 at $700 less, might very well not be available. Using the list, means that you could be using faulty information to make your pricing determinations.

You are also correct, that seeing photos is an absolutely essential step to determining if this is a diamond for you

Here's the GIA:

5.50X5.32X3.98 MM

N color

Internally Flawless

Pol/Sym-VG

Flour-Med Blue

74% Table

74.8% depth

Girdle Vth-Etk

Price is $2872

Perhaps the $700 difference is because of the clarity grade. Going from IF to VVS1 does make a big difference, but it shouldn't be as much as $700 for this size I don't think. There are probably other factors like cut affecting the price.