Quality Of My Puchased Emerald Diamond

lem

Hello!

I recently purchased a diamond, emerald cut from my mother's jeweler in NJ. The diamond is certified by EGL with a H color, vvs2 quality. I have all the dimensions, ect. I see no flaws in the stone, however when i look at it from the side, i see what may either be a flaw or i think it may be the way the stone is cut. Towards the middle of an emerald where all the steps seem to come together, i think what i'm seeing is the middle part viewed from the side. I know this sounds confusing.... It looks like the reflexion from where the diamond joins in the middle. Does anyone understand? I'm thinking this is a flaw but not sure. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

It's highly unlikely that what you are seeing is an imperfection- if the stone matches the EGL report.

If you love the stone- and feel comfortable with the seller, I'd say it's likely the stone does match the EGL, and therefore what you are seeing is some sort of reflection.

Is the diamond loose?

Hi,

It's highly unlikely that what you are seeing is an imperfection- if the stone matches the EGL report.

If you love the stone- and feel comfortable with the seller, I'd say it's likely the stone does match the EGL, and therefore what you are seeing is some sort of reflection.

Is the diamond loose?

thank you for your reply!

I do love the stone, the diamond is not loose at all. I was thinking of a better way to describe what i see. The best way is it's almost like a hologram effect within the diamond. It depends what angle i'm viewing the stone in. It's only on one side, can not view from the top whatsoever or from the other side. It is driving me crazy. If it were a inclusion what exactly would that look like?

How do i know the ring is the same ring from the EGl report? I do trust the seller, but i can be a sceptic at times. The stone is 1.25, vvs2, H in color, table 76%, depth 67.1%, pavilion depth,57%, crown height, 9% symmetry, very good, polish, very good. Culet, none, fluorescence none.

What are your thoughts?????