Stone Review: Have I Purchased Right?

rzucco

Hi everyone. First time here.

Ok, so I'm shopping for her ring for the last 3 months.

I was with a limit budget of 4K.

Went everywhere. And I mean EVERYWHERE. Read reviews, went to jewelry exchange, encountered major scammers and jedi mind tricks down the road...

end up going with this one:

Price: $4,073

Certification: GIA

Carat weight: 1.01

Cut: Ideal

Color: J

Clarity: VS2

Depth %: 62.5%

Table %: 56%

Symmetry: Very good

Polish: Excellent

Girdle: Medium to slightly thick

Culet: None

Fluorescence: Strong blue

Measurements: 6.37 x 6.42 x 4.00 mm

What do you guys think of it? Was it a good purchase? Anything I should be concerned about? Do you think she'll like it? :-)

Thanks,

RZ

1. "Ideal" is not a GIA term. Who gave it this designation?

2. You are seeing it, yes? (unless you have the blast shield down, Luke :) ) In sunlight how is the strong blue fl? It may actually help face-up color appearance...just be sure it doesn't appear milky or cloudy. Don't panic, only a fractional number of SBlues do this.

Write down the jedi measurements. All of them, including crown & pavilion angles, lower halves, stars and girdle thickness % if listed. We can give a bit more info then, though without an ideal-scope or ASET photo it's impossible to comment on cut precision/consistency.

As for whether she'll like it... In our experience if the girl says "no" she isn't saying it to the diamond! :)

I'm sure she'll like it - you just want to know you paid a fair price, yes? More info will get you more feedback, but you are the one looking at the diamond... We're just using the force.

HI,

Just curious- if you'd gone everywhere, wouldn't it have been a good idea to ask the question here before you bought?

As John noted, the term "Ideal" is being misused here- which would lead to other questions in my mind...but if you're comfortable with the seller, and you like how it looks, you're probably in great shape with the stone.

Edited by diamondsbylauren

If you like what you see then it's a keeper.

Strong fluorescence is a positive in that it will make it look whiter in certain lighting conditions.

Enjoy it.