Clarity Enahnced Diamonds

yeller

Has anybody ever had any experience with Clarity Enhanced Diamonds? What are the pros and cons with a clarity enhanced diamond?

pro - cheaper price

con - cheaper product

nothing's for free :D

Personally i don't like clarity enhanced, whether the change is permanent or not. Maybe it's just me but you buy a diamond not just for the bling but for the rarity/prestige. I could get a 5lb peice of glass to shine a lot more then a 1ct diamond, but the diamond is supposed to be worth a lot more. Likewise you get a 5ct CZ to shine more then a 1/2ct diamond. If you just want cheap bling then by all means get a CE-diamond, or a moisenite, or whatever. But if you want something natural, of real value and good resale value, that you'll be proud to see on your fiance's finger, want her to pass down for generations, and that is gem-grade and actually worth something then get the real deal. But that's just me, everyone has their own opinion. If cost is a major concern I tell people either to get a smaller diamond and a ring that's easily upgradable for later.... or to consider getting a colored gemstone, or even a CZ if budget is very low and they just want to get the look for now and get the real thing later.

• 2 years later...

Hi there yeller!

I had a previous thread, asking about Enhanced Diamonds and I think clarity enhanced diamonds goes hand in hand depending on the situation, as I've learned enhancing clarity 'feature' will cost you as well so just like Adylon said wait for "actually worth something then get the real deal".

@ shireeodiz, thanks for the informative links., I really got carried away..

Cheers!

Has anybody ever had any experience with Clarity Enhanced Diamonds? What are the pros and cons with a clarity enhanced diamond?

Pros...... it is going to be alot Cheaper

Cons .....How enhanced is Clarity Enhanced, from the prices I have seen lately i can only imagine that Industrial grade diamonds you know $25 stones are now being drilled and filled to the point where they are mostly lead based glass.

But hey It's Enhanced

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

Just wanted to share my experience with Clarity Enhanced Diamonds because my fiance recently bought me one. First of all, I would've never even known if he didn't tell me and no one would. Even the jeweler had to use a loupe. It is absolutely fabulous! Its a natural diamond, VS2, F color, certified and its about a half of the price of the non-treated. I would totally recommend a good quality CE diamonds to everybody. I'm looking at it now, it's funny but really does look more expensive than my regular diamond! lol The enhancement process that was used i believe is called fracture filling.

Cheers

post-119929-1275525881_thumb.jpg

Edited by diamondlife

Hello everybody!

Just wanted to share my experience with Clarity Enhanced Diamonds because my fiance recently bought me one. First of all, I would've never even known if he didn't tell me and no one would. Even the jeweler had to use a loupe. It is absolutely fabulous! Its a natural diamond, VS2, F or G color, certified and its about a half of the price of the non-treated. I would totally recommend a good quality CE diamonds to everybody. I'm looking at it now, it's funny but really does look more expensive than my regular diamond! lol The enhancement process that was used i believe is called fracture filling.

Cheers

it si a lovely ring

:)

Thank you! :) Here's where he got it for me by the way - http://www.bonparfum.com/diamond-engagemen...63ntaq70hfqiks7