Got Diamond Questions?
Our community of diamond experts are here to provide answers
Sign in to follow this  
monsterbash

Can A Diamond Be Re-cut?

Thanks for having this forum Hermann- I would never discourage Abe from explaining how in the world these misleading terms appear all over his listings.

I believe it's important to correct these misleading statements in short order. AS of yet, nothing has been done to correct the first one I linked to- in addition pretty much every color treated stone Abe is offering is similarly misrepresented.

It may be that this type of thing is far more important to many of the readers than it is to Abe......

Everyone on this forum has been so polite and friendly, aside from diamondsbylauren.

Thanks denverappraisal for taking time out to write some tips and constructive criticism.

When I have a moment I will reply and talk with my partners about it.

Diamondsbylauren, sorry I didnt stop everything to appease you.

Hopefully you have a bit more patience and less attitude problems with your customers.

Hermann, I will take a moment to read the rules of the forum, so I dont break any rules.

Kind regards to all,

Abe

www.ajdiamonds.com

Abe- please understand that for people who love natural diamonds, that aspect is very important to them.

Why is it that a Natural Fancy Vivid Pink 1.00- as graded by GIA- could bring upwards of a million bucks. That's part of the attraction- and indicative the level of enthusiasm.

Imagine if you were a Rolex Dealer and a guy next door puts up a sign "Rolex Presidents- $500"

Only when the buyer enters the establishment does the seller let them know it's a plated imitation. If you were the guy who went through what it takes to be a Rolex dealer you'd be interested in the integrity of the brand, you would call Rolex who'd get the guy to stop.

AS a seller, I guess I'm overly passionate about it-

I apologize if I went over the edge.

I'm sure you're doing a great job for your customers

I wish you the best. If you never change anything , that's your business.

Edited by diamondsbylauren

Everyone on this forum has been so polite and friendly, aside from diamondsbylauren.

If it'll make you feel better if it were up to me I would have closed your eBay account for being less than 100% open about your product on eBay.. The type of ad copy used in the ads of yours that I have read really should be illegal.. But it isn't..

I sell 'real' color just like David does, and your sales tactics make people selling the real thing look like crooks, and it isn't fair.. And I'm a Rolex deal too :(

Edited by Feydakin

Steve

Gear Head - Designer - Bench Jeweler - Artist - Web Developer

AnimalCharms.Net

Abe,

I took the opportunity to look up your neutral/negs at toolhaus.org. You have a lot of complaints and most have more to do with those appraisals than either the merchandise or your service. If that's not a reason to rethink your approach I don't know what is.

Neil

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA

There's never a crowd when you go that extra mile.

Professional Appraisals in Denver

Abe,

I took the opportunity to look up your neutral/negs at toolhaus.org. You have a lot of complaints and most have more to do with those appraisals than either the merchandise or your service. If that's not a reason to rethink your approach I don't know what is.

Neil

A valid point (yet again) Neil.

During the slow summer, I will discuss this issue with my partner.

The appraisals are done quickly, but if they are misleading it is unfair to my customers, and bad for my business.

I will defintely reconsider.

Do you have any recomendations of local labs to use in NYC that can handle my volume for quick turnaround?

Thanks in advance,

Abe

www.ajdiamonds.com

Best of luck Abe.

Making it accurate would have been so easy right from the start.

In addition to the excellent suggestions of Yosef, here's some more specific suggestions:

Use the term "Color Enhanced" each and every time you use the term "Pink Diamond"

Do not imply your items are worth exponentially more than you are selling them for ( This $2500 ring appraised for $11,500, that kind of thing)

Stop using the term "Vivid" so loosely- it really has a meaning.

It is your right to participate on eBay, run private auctions, and hide things from competitors- and shoppers.

I still don't buy the protection part of your answer.

Anyone who has email gets spam- eBay user or not.

I thank Yosef for his well spoken comments- and apologize if you are offended by my anger.

I am truly offended by what I see as blatant omission of words- and use of other words to falsely describe diamonds- because it is how I make my living.

A diamond does not change the world- but honest fair dealing is very important to me.

A diamond does not change the world- but honest fair dealing is very important to me.

I will be back to talk about Ajdiamonds after 25 Mar.

"Abe,

Neil "

If I had got this message from Neil early, I'm sure that I would not buy any diamond ring from AJDiamons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AJDiamonds is not a honest seller but a sly cheater!

Obvious Newbe here

I just purchased a large diamond..it just over 3.5 carrots with an F color (in know.. not a lot of info) and round. I'm not exspecting the best with the cut..is it possible to be re-cut?

PS.. I aven't seen the Diamond yet..it should be here later this week

thanks!

Sure,

You can re-cut.

You have enuogh room to re-cut from 3.50ct to 3.01ct.

Erez Rothem - Diamond Master and Engagement Rings Advisor.