Dilemna For Diamond Choice

morgane

Hello,

I have done quite some research in terms of diamonds, and finally decided to go for an ideal cut AGS Ideal 0 since I believe that is the most important choice. Polish and symmetry are ideal, and there is no fluorescence and no culet. Now, I am torn regarding the color and the clarity. :rolleyes: I am looking at 2 diamonds, carat weight of 1.20, and they are both around $9,000. Should I go for H, VVS2 or G, VS1. I can't make up my mind on where I should compromise, color or clarity, which one would most affect the beauty and sparkle of the diamond. Can you please advise??

Thank you!!!

Hello,

I have done quite some research in terms of diamonds, and finally decided to go for an ideal cut AGS Ideal 0 since I believe that is the most important choice. Polish and symmetry are ideal, and there is no fluorescence and no culet. Now, I am torn regarding the color and the clarity. :rolleyes: I am looking at 2 diamonds, carat weight of 1.20, and they are both around $9,000. Should I go for H, VVS2 or G, VS1. I can't make up my mind on where I should compromise, color or clarity, which one would most affect the beauty and sparkle of the diamond. Can you please advise??

Thank you!!!

The thing that effects the sparkle and beauty the most is the cut grade. You won't find how all the facets work together on the diamond for light performance by a couple of numbers on a piece of paper.

To learn more about cut you need to go to:

www.isee2.com and gemex.com.

Hello,

Thank you!!!

Having spent 15 yrs in the Jewelry business and as a former retail jewelry store owner I would likley go with the Vs1-G. Since you are looking at an ideal cut you get a little better color that way. Also you or no one you know will be able to tell the diff from a VVS2 or a VS1. I think you can also do a little better on price. Your quoted price is $7500 P/C. I think you can buy that stone for about $6500 P/C or $7800-8000. Good luck !