Good Value For Diamond?

mqm

Recently started Engagement ring shopping and I want to get some opinions on a diamond that we looked at and loved. It was the first place we looked and have done a lot of looking after that but keep coming back to the first one we fell in love with. It has a small black inclusion on the side that nobody would notice but me. The brilliance and sparkle was amazing but it's not GIA certified...it is EGL certified. I've had some jewlers tell me only GIA is reputable and then I've had others that tell me EGL has come a long way and has become more reputable over the years. From my research I think we are getting a good deal but want to know what other people think.

Weight: 1.22 cts

Shape Cut: Round Brilliant

Measurements: 6.82 - 6.78 x4.22 mm

Total Depth: 62.1%

Table Width: 59%

Crown Height: 14%

Pavilion Depth: 43%

Girdle Thickness: Medium faceted

Polish: Good to Very Good

Symmetry: Very Good

Culet: None

Clarity Grade: SI2

Color Grade: D

Fluorescence: None

Premuim Cut

Please tell me what you think! Price tag said $7999 but they said they'd give it to us for $5500 (family friend). this includes the white gold band and three diamonds on either side of the center diamond totalling .48 cts in weight.

Recently started Engagement ring shopping and I want to get some opinions on a diamond that we looked at and loved. It was the first place we looked and have done a lot of looking after that but keep coming back to the first one we fell in love with. It has a small black inclusion on the side that nobody would notice but me. The brilliance and sparkle was amazing but it's not GIA certified...it is EGL certified. I've had some jewlers tell me only GIA is reputable and then I've had others that tell me EGL has come a long way and has become more reputable over the years. From my research I think we are getting a good deal but want to know what other people think.

Weight: 1.22 cts

Shape Cut: Round Brilliant

Measurements: 6.82 - 6.78 x4.22 mm

Total Depth: 62.1%

Table Width: 59%

Crown Height: 14%

Pavilion Depth: 43%

Girdle Thickness: Medium faceted

Polish: Good to Very Good

Symmetry: Very Good

Culet: None

Clarity Grade: SI2

Color Grade: D

Fluorescence: None

Premuim Cut

Please tell me what you think! Price tag said $7999 but they said they'd give it to us for $5500 (family friend). this includes the white gold band and three diamonds on either side of the center diamond totalling .48 cts in weight.

In the 1.20 range:

GIA graded D/SI2 with VG+ finish (VG-EX cut) are going for $5500-6500.

EGL graded D/SI2 with VG+ finish (variable cut) are going for $4000-5000.

These are prices offered by internet dealers. You may expect to pay a bit more in a B&M store.

Not sure what the quality of the band & sidestones is, but an EGL graded D/SI2 is likely to be more of an E-F/I1 if held to GIA standards... You may want to base your pricing on those stats. By the numbers the cut could be nice, which is likely why you like it so much :rolleyes: Be sure to view it away from the jewelery store lights - in diffused and indirect lighting as well as bright spotlights. If you really like it that's most important - but of course you want to get a fair price.