Which Is The Better Deal Here?

ducsauce

Hello all!

Just need some advice from some experts out there. I've been looking at diamonds for a month or so for my GF. I'm going back and forth between two different jewlers.

The larger jewler (more known) has a couple diamonds I'm comparing to the small jewler. These are all princess cut stones.

First, .75 carat, F color, and VS2 for $3950 and $4300 if I want it with the platinum band. The second stone they are offering is .74 carat, H color, and VS1 for $3050 and $3400 for the platinum band.

The second (smaller) jewler showed me a .70 carat, G color, and VS2 for $3500 and $4100 for the platinum band.

Look forward to your responses! Thanks!

While price is an important consideration, so is Cut Quality. Difficult for us to advise as we don't have any indication of face up light performance.

You have seen both diamonds; which one looks better to you?

Like yourself, I am a newbie as well. From my research on this board, I have come to this realization....Go with whatever ring "looks" the best. That is, which ring sparkles and fascinates you. The numbers are great but what ring makes you say "wow".

I went to a jewlery store the other day and the guy showed me two diamonds that were similarly priced. He did not tell me any of the specs....I indicated that one of them blew my mind with its sparkle....that turned out to be a J color VS1 the comparison diamond was an F color VS1....despite the color difference one made me say "wow" while the other one was un-enthusiastic "oh thats nice"...

The take home message.....Go with the ring and jeweler that makes you feel good inside.

Like yourself, I am a newbie as well. From my research on this board, I have come to this realization....Go with whatever ring "looks" the best. That is, which ring sparkles and fascinates you. The numbers are great but what ring makes you say "wow".

I went to a jewlery store the other day and the guy showed me two diamonds that were similarly priced. He did not tell me any of the specs....I indicated that one of them blew my mind with its sparkle....that turned out to be a J color VS1 the comparison diamond was an F color VS1....despite the color difference one made me say "wow" while the other one was un-enthusiastic "oh thats nice"...

The take home message.....Go with the ring and jeweler that makes you feel good inside.

The cut is the reason for that for sure. The J was a better cut that's why it sparkled more.