Diamonds At Blue Nile

EdmondL

Hi Everyone,

How do I know if Blue Nile gives me the right certificate/grading report when shipping the diamond to me?

For example, if I order a 1/3 carat, D color, IF clarity, Excellent cut diamond ring from them, will they cheat by shipping the cert. that matches my requirement but a ring with lower quality ?

2nd question, will they replace a real diamond with cubic zirconia when shipping to customers ?

LEE.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

How do I know if Blue Nile gives me the right certificate/grading report when shipping the diamond to me?

For example, if I order a 1/3 carat, D color, IF clarity, Excellent cut diamond ring from them, will they cheat by shipping the cert. that matches my requirement but a ring with lower quality ?

2nd question, will they replace a real diamond with cubic zirconia when shipping to customers ?

LEE.

hello...

i am in total agreement with you...while on the one hand, i really want value for money for my engagement ring, i didn't quite muster the confidence for an online purchase. i even chickened out of having a cousin buy online for me from the debeers website. and they're not just anybody, she tells me. this is all due to the fact that in the past, i've had some bad experiences with online purchases. for example, there are some very dodgy UK jewellers who are quite big on ebay (I don't quite know how they keep getting 'positive feedbacks'). i probably cannot mention names for fear of being sued. well, you know how it is...i hope you do find a jeweller you can trust. as i was saying, while on the one hand, you want value for money, on the other, you want to be able to be confident, to be able to place trust. ps: my grandmother used to tell me to "listen to your instincts, always"...these days i wish it were that simple. maybe it still is??

all the very best wishes to you, sir, in your search

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In December I bought my girls engagement ring at Blue Nile. It really went smoothly and the experience was great and stress free. As far as your question goes, I had the same concern, so the day after I got the ring I took it to a appraiser. (Arthur DeMello

BA. GG. J-BAR (JVC) JBT GIA Alumni MA Bar Assn. Bos Bar Assn.

A.DeMello Gemological National Laboratory

60 State Street Suite 700

Boston, MA 02109

Ph: 617-742-1630

www.jewelryappraiser.info). Call him if you're in the New England area or New York, I know he travels throughout the region.

Chances are you are going to have to make the appointment a couple weeks before hand, so keep that in mind. Anyways, Mr DeMello appraised my ring for me and I was really impressed. i bought a 3 stone ring (1 carat in the center and .35 on either side) all three stones had come with GIA reports. Mr. DeMello never even looked at the GIA reports that I had with me and he described the center stone perfectly in accordance with the GIA report. The two side stones had GIA numbers laser inscribed on them that under his microscope he was able to read back to me to verify the numbers. If you are really nervous about getting stones swapped around, or not matching the GIA reports, find stones with the number inscribed, then get it appraised. Somtimes the setting may cover the number, so you wont know that until you get it. I was very nervous when this all started. All three stones were D color and VS1 quality with excellent cut, so the stones plus setting ran about $11,500. It is a big purchase, but I'd recommend Blue Nile. I even had to send it in to get it re-sized and it only took about 5-6 days to get it back after I sent it.

Hope this helps everyone out there shopping. The reviews on this site helped me alot when i was getting ready to buy.

Hi Everyone,

LEE.

The same way you know if the paperwork matches on a stone that you bought locally or from any other Internet vendor. Get it appraised by your own expert, while you wait and while you watch.

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

My fiance just proposed to me with a beautiful .87 Asscher cut diamond, E colour, VS2 claritythat he purchased on Blue Nile. The ring and setting are absolutely gorgeous. He had absolutely no problems with the entire purchase experience and he is extremely satisfied with the price, service, and of course the beauty of my ring. We would HIGHLY recommend Blue Nile. Cheers Tracey ;)

• 4 weeks later...