Found 4 Asschers! Help Me Choose Which One!

docta13

Hey everyone,

I've spent pretty much the last 48 hours doing nothing but doing diamond research and price shopping online for an engagement ring to surprise her! My target was a colorless Asscher somewhere close to 1.5 ct. Lots of different factors to consider, I know. But I've put together a breakdown of each of the 4 diamonds I've narrowed it down to here:

My Asscher Diamond Comparison

I used a table I found on a website as a general "visual" guideline to supplement the more comprehensive breakdown of each diamond. Would you all mind looking at the specs for my 4 diamonds and giving me your opinions on which you think would be best? I know there's a lot of room for opinions with Asscher cuts, but I would REALLY appreciate your input!

Thank you so much! 1.gif

I don't really see any info on the link you put up. But it's very hard to buy an asscher cut diamond sight unseen going by a couple of numbers only. An average table diameter and total depth won't tell you how the facets are placed on the diamond. You can get a real dud playing by the numbers. Have you ever seen the Royal Asscher diamonds? Those are cut for colored lights coming off the diamonds. I'll attach a picture of one we have to get an comparison ideal difference.

Of course these have additional faceting as well and it is a patented cut diamond cut by the Asscher family in Amsterdam.

post-10-1192650715_thumb.jpg

post-10-1192650760_thumb.jpg

I agree with Jan.

There's' no way to ascertain the vital visual aspects of a diamond from a GIA report.

I'm curious Jan, just how much is a Royal Asscher today?

When we were a dealer of the branded diamonds they were priced about 50% more than well cut non branded stones. Is that still the case?

Here's a really nice non branded K/VVS2 2.17ct we have- it's $14,100

217r2132i.JPG

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php?crn=209&a...ion=show_detail