Just Ordered The Ring! | Pictures Inside | Please Give Me A Review Of The Ring!

username007

Just ordered this ring! Will have it in hand 10/9/2007 and popping the question later this month...

Engagement Ring Setting in Platinum (.85 ct. tw) has a 2.39 carat Round center diamond with Ideal-cut, I-color, and SI1-clarity. With this setting, the total carat weight of diamonds for the ring is 3.23.

I paid $21,000 out the door.

Did I get a good deal? Is the size good? Please give me your opinion!

post-113925-1191797441_thumb.jpg post-113925-1191797450.jpg

Here is the report from GIA.

post-113925-1191847150_thumb.jpg

Congrats! I'm actually looking at almost the same exact ring for my girlfriend at the moment. She wants a simpler setting, but I really liked that one you picked when I saw it online. That one looks great. I'd say that after all my research that's a pretty decent price, but I'm no gemologist. I'm looking at something between 2.4 and 2.6 carats, H-I color, VS1-SI2 clarity and excellent or better cut. I'd say $20,000 + setting is a good target. Again, congratulations, and let us know how the proposal goes.

-Mike

Here is the report from GIA.

post-113925-1191847150_thumb.jpg

Congrats! I'm actually looking at almost the same exact ring for my girlfriend at the moment. She wants a simpler setting, but I really liked that one you picked when I saw it online. That one looks great. I'd say that after all my research that's a pretty decent price, but I'm no gemologist. I'm looking at something between 2.4 and 2.6 carats, H-I color, VS1-SI2 clarity and excellent or better cut. I'd say $20,000 + setting is a good target. Again, congratulations, and let us know how the proposal goes.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

I purchased the ring from Blue Nile. Going to post the pictures here: http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=70097 tomorrow whe I receive the ring!

Username007,

With all due respect to you, I'm just a bit puzzled whenever I read these kinds of questions (worded this way) presented after the purchase has already been made and not while the customer is still contemplating/researching/deliberating..

You purchased a substantial diamond, at a substantial price, from a reputable Internet dealer.

You also provided a link to your thread on Pricescope; all of which would indicate that you (no doubt) invested considerable time, effort and research into making this significant purchase.

Thus, I am honestly unsure as to what you are looking for/expecting at this point, when you ask whether "you got a good deal" and "whether the size is good"??

Do you wish for us to tell you whether the diamond+ring+price presents the very best value on the Internet, is the best combination of specs., is lower than any other price you could have paid for this package or a similar one elsewhere, whether the diamond is "eye-clean".........??

All this stuff seems a bit moot at this point and under these circumstances, especially since no self respecting jeweler/dealer on these boards will attempt to "pull the rug out" from under BN, if they believe you could have done better with any of the variables... and certainly not after you have already made your own decision based upon your own research..

Therefore, my opinion is that you purchased a beautiful package in confidence and from a reputable dealer!

Trust your instincts and be happy with what you have accomplished.

"Different" and "cheaper" doesn't always = "better".

Enjoy and good luck on the proposal!

Kind Regards,

Edited by DiamondMaven

Username007,

With all due respect to you, I'm just a bit puzzled whenever I read these kinds of questions (worded this way) presented after the purchase has already been made and not while the customer is still contemplating/researching/deliberating..

You purchased a substantial diamond, at a substantial price, from a reputable Internet dealer.

You also provided a link to your thread on Pricescope; all of which would indicate that you (no doubt) invested considerable time, effort and research into making this significant purchase.

Thus, I am honestly unsure as to what you are looking for/expecting at this point, when you ask whether "you got a good deal" and "whether the size is good"??

Do you wish for us to tell you whether the diamond+ring+price presents the very best value on the Internet, is the best combination of specs., is lower than any other price you could have paid for this package or a similar one elsewhere, whether the diamond is "eye-clean".........??

All this stuff seems a bit moot at this point and under these circumstances, especially since no self respecting jeweler/dealer on these boards will attempt to "pull the rug out" from under BN, if they believe you could have done better with any of the variables... and certainly not after you have already made your own decision based upon your own research..

Therefore, my opinion is that you purchased a beautiful package in confidence and from a reputable dealer!

Trust your instincts and be happy with what you have accomplished.

"Different" and "cheaper" doesn't always = "better".

Enjoy and good luck on the proposal!

Kind Regards,

I think I was just looking for reassurance... I am very happy with the ring... far exceeded my expectations!