1.19 carat

F

SI2

excellent cut

round

GIA certified

$7,390 CDN + tax.

two questions:

1) Is this a good price for this diamond?

2) My budget was actually around $8-10K for the diamond. Is there any deminsion you would consider improving?

Sir,

Unfortunately, you haven't really given us much of the crucial info. on the diamonds cut quality, so I will reserve judgement on the quality/beauty of the diamond.

However, with respect to your question on whether anybody could suggest an "improvement" in the diamonds' dimensions; I do have one comment.

Truthfully, I don't know that I would categorize this as an "improvement"..

However, it will present you with a factual observation, which would allow you to spend *significantly* less money on a similar diamond, with hardly a visual sacrifice.

This pertains to your choice of an F color grade.

You are currently in the "collection color" range (D,E,F), which commands a huge premium based primarily upon market forces.

If your objective here is motivated more by the rational/practical approach and you wish to purchase a diamond that faces up white, rather than the emotional/psychological....a.k.a. you will not go lower than an F color... then you will be better served by choosing a G/H color diamond for significantly less money and within budget.

If the diamond is well cut and exhibits excellent light performance, then a 1.19 G SI2 (all other variables being equal..for arguements sake..) will face up exceptionally white!

Just my two cents.

Good Luck!

Sir,

Unfortunately, you haven't really given us much of the crucial info. on the diamonds cut quality, so I will reserve judgement on the quality/beauty of the diamond.

I did say it was excellent cut as rated by GIA... not sure what other cut information is needed. What else should I be looking for?