3 Prongs Or 4 Prongs

diamond_lover

4 prongs tend to give round diamonds something of a squarish look to them. With a bunch of them lined up in a row, this gives a smoother edge to the piece and the flash of the diamonds tends to look more like one continuous bar of sparkle. The 3 prong designs have more of a look of a series of small circles that are connected at the edges. It’s a more delicate and less tailored look. I wouldn’t venture to call one better than the other because it depends on what you like. My wife is into frilly things and she likes the 3 prongs better. I’m into my wife so I like the 3 prongs better. Different people see these things differently.

Neil

4 prongs tend to give round diamonds something of a squarish look to them. With a bunch of them lined up in a row, this gives a smoother edge to the piece and the flash of the diamonds tends to look more like one continuous bar of sparkle. The 3 prong designs have more of a look of a series of small circles that are connected at the edges. It’s a more delicate and less tailored look. I wouldn’t venture to call one better than the other because it depends on what you like. My wife is into frilly things and she likes the 3 prongs better. I’m into my wife so I like the 3 prongs better. Different people see these things differently.

Neil

can i say that 4 prongs belongs to the classic design? when compare between 3 prongs and 4 prongs; which one allows the diamonds to sparkle more? :unsure:

can i say that 4 prongs belongs to the classic design? when compare between 3 prongs and 4 prongs; which one allows the diamonds to sparkle more? :unsure:

Martina Navratilova, the woman who put the word ‘tennis’ into inline diamond bracelets wore a 4 prong version when that term was coined so I guess that’s a vote for what is classic but the idea of these things have been around for a long time and she didn’t exactly invent the concept. Choose what you like. Neither is better than the other.

The sparkle has to do with selection of diamonds, not the prong count. Properly set, either one can show off your diamonds beautifully.

Neil

Martina Navratilova, the woman who put the word ‘tennis’ into inline diamond bracelets wore a 4 prong version when that term was coined so I guess that’s a vote for what is classic but the idea of these things have been around for a long time and she didn’t exactly invent the concept. Choose what you like. Neither is better than the other.

The sparkle has to do with selection of diamonds, not the prong count. Properly set, either one can show off your diamonds beautifully.

Neil

oh ya, you reminded me of her! :D

i feel that each has its own beauty. its difficult to make a decision. i like 4 prongs is bcos its truly shown out the classic look. ;)

which one is more easier to clean? :unsure:

Personally, I would go with 3 to showcase more surface area of the diamonds, ......or 4 prongs for a more classic and timeless look.

The truth is; there is no bad choice here....very lucky lady!

If your objective is to showcase maximum "sparkle"--go with the 3 prong.

Whatever you decide, best of luck!

Edited by DiamondMaven

Personally, I would go with 3 to showcase more surface area of the diamonds, ......or 4 prongs for a more classic and timeless look.

The truth is; there is no bad choice here....very lucky lady!

If your objective is to showcase maximum "sparkle"--go with the 3 prong.

Whatever you decide, best of luck!

there're 2 pieces of bracelets for me to choose; both are F color and VS1:

3 pong - smaller diamonds.

4 prong - diamonds are slightly bigger.

so, i still cant decide which to choose? :unsure: