Excel Experience Of Lack Thereor

Cosmo62

I have been perusing various diamond forums and still do not feel comfortable buying a diamond sight unseen via the internet. After some research, I realized Excel Diamonds was located not terribly far from my home and I contacted them through their website and requested a Sunday appointment which was one of the options presented on the site. I was immediately contacted and told that there were no Sunday appointments but that I could request an appointment during the week and was asked what I was looking for. At that point, I was fairly impressed with Excel. I e-mailed back for a weekday appointment and also stated that I was looking for a .75 center stone (admittedly small) minimum G color, VS clarity and two side stones. I also stated that I was interested in choosing a new setting for my engagement ring. I received no response so I sent another e-mail and again no response. I can only guess that that my small purchase did not arouse their interest but I was disappointed in their methods of doing business. A satisfied small purchaser may buy something larger down the line and also is the source of recommendations. Plus, Excel's website welcomes interested parties to make an appointment to view diamonds at Excel's showroom.

Cosmo;

I'm sorry you e-mails did not get a response. We are very proactive and timely in responding to e-mails.

I can only surmise that our filters snagged your e-mails. It does occassionally happen and with the volume of e-mails we receive daily, it would not surprise me if this was the case.

We can also be reached by phone. Our contact phone numbers are listed on our website. If you get the voice mail, please leave a short message and your contact phone number. We will get back to you.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Edited by barry

• 3 months later...

I ditto on cosmo's post. I too did not get a response. Yes, I know I can call, but sometimes that is not convenient. May I suggest you adjust your filtering or setup an autoreponder to inform potential customers their email might get filtered, and if they do not hear back from Excel to please call. Otherwise they might assume, like I did, that my business is not wanted.

Tim

Chicago

Cosmo;

I'm sorry you e-mails did not get a response. We are very proactive and timely in responding to e-mails.

I can only surmise that our filters snagged your e-mails. It does occassionally happen and with the volume of e-mails we receive daily, it would not surprise me if this was the case.

We can also be reached by phone. Our contact phone numbers are listed on our website. If you get the voice mail, please leave a short message and your contact phone number. We will get back to you.

Look forward to hearing from you.