Symmetry: Very good

Polish: Very good

Girdle: Slightly thick to thick

Culet: None

Fluorescence: None

Measurements: 5.30 x 5.06 x 3.48 mm

L/w ratio: 1.05

Is this a good diamond?

Cut is the most important aspect and there is no way to judge it from just the numbers. Do you have photos/proof of light performance? Which lab did the grading?

Unfortunately I don't have any photos/proof of light performance. GIA did the grading.

GIA G/VVS is a very strong color/clarity combo. Unless you like VVS for the mentally "clean" aspect you could consider diamonds of VS clarity with no visible difference in face-up appearance, but that's a personal decision. Unfortunately fancy shapes are not predictable using measurements (rounds are to a limited degree because there is less opportunity for variation in the overall configuration). Have you seen this diamond in person?

GIA G/VVS is a very strong color/clarity combo. Unless you like VVS for the mentally "clean" aspect you could consider diamonds of VS clarity with no visible difference in face-up appearance, but that's a personal decision. Unfortunately fancy shapes are not predictable using measurements (rounds are to a limited degree because there is less opportunity for variation in the overall configuration). Have you seen this diamond in person?

No, this is one I saw online that I was thinking about purchasing.

The cut of the diamond is the most important aspect. Online sellers who make cut quality their priority will provide a magnified photo as well as meaningful proof of light performance. Are you restricted to considering only one source?

No, I plan on going to a B&M also to compare what I can get.

Good deal. What you'll find is that very few sellers will talk about cut. This is because (logically) most diamonds are of average cut quality. To that end, be sure to view any diamonds you consider away from the jewelry store lighting scheme. The GIA is very reliable for color, clarity & finish but does not assign a cut grade to Princess cuts so it's more difficult than shopping for a round. If you can find a diamond to see live that has earned the AGSL 0 grade in light performance it would be a good benchmark against which to compare other candidates. I'd be interested to know, if you can find one, how much difference you see between it and more common specimens in the same store when seen in several lighting conditions. The challenge will be finding an AGS "Ideal" princess. They are very uncommon in commercial markets, but a few places do carry them.