Carat: 1.37

Shape: Round

Color: D

Clarify: SI1

Cut: Ex

Polish: VG

Symmetry: VG

Flourescence: None

mounted on this JB star ring in platnum.

http://www.michaelcfina.com/ic/mcfina/sect...10.html?block=1

The dealer is asking for $12700. Is this a decent price or is there more room to negotiate the price?

They're charging about $4000 to make the ring. They also told me that the diamonds in the prongs if knocked loose could potentially scratch the center stone.

They also told me that the diamonds in the prongs if knocked loose could potentially scratch the center stone.

That's a very silly thing to say just by looking at the ring :) The stones on the side in the bottom portion of the head are bezel set, they're not going anywhere unless your fiance is a bare knuckles boxer ;)

It's not like you have all these diamonds floating around that could potentially grind on eachother.

Is this a GIA graded diamond?

They also told me that the diamonds in the prongs if knocked loose could potentially scratch the center stone.

That's a very silly thing to say just by looking at the ring :) The stones on the side in the bottom portion of the head are bezel set, they're not going anywhere unless your fiance is a bare knuckles boxer ;)

It's not like you have all these diamonds floating around that could potentially grind on eachother.

Is this a GIA graded diamond?

That is hilarious. Yeah I got to thinking my future fiance isn't that accident prone.

The dealer was talking about the diamonds in the actual prone from the picture. the ones closest to the center diamond.

Thanks for reminding me. The diamond is GIA graded.

Yes that's what I meant, in the prongs (head) it's supposed to look like flower petals holding the center diamond, with little diamonds in the prongs/petals, correct? There's no way those diamonds are coming out, unless it was just poorly made. With normal wear and tear I'd think the small pave diamonds on the shank will come out before the small diamonds in the head. I like the design by the way, it's different... still a stock shank and a stock type head placed on top, but it looks more like a custom piece.

The price they're charging is fair, I'd try to negotiate a little lower but if they're local to you and will give you good service, and they have the exact ring you want, etc. then the price is fair all things considered.

Best of luck,

Yosef

Edited by Adylon