14k Or 18k White Gold?

missingmn

Go with 18k white gold... Because there more gold molcules in the metal. I would also recommend talking to a goldsmith they are very knowledgable on this subject. I know one who doing my custom ring has swayed me into 18k white/yellow gold also if done right you dont have to plate the gold to give it that white look. I was looking at platuim(SP) before because I didnt like the idea of having light yellow tint or have to go get it plated every few years.

Go with 18k white gold... Because there more gold molcules in the metal. I would also recommend talking to a goldsmith they are very knowledgable on this subject. I know one who doing my custom ring has swayed me into 18k white/yellow gold also if done right you dont have to plate the gold to give it that white look. I was looking at platuim(SP) before because I didnt like the idea of having light yellow tint or have to go get it plated every few years.

thanks very much for the information. looking at prices i do think the little extra for 18k is worth it.

regards,

brian

We work in both 14 and 18karat white.

But 18karat white is not a good choice for anything too wide- most engagement rings are not all that wide, so 18kt white is fine.

But if you were to make, say , a men's ring, 18kt yellow, or 14kt white would be the way to go. 18karat white gold is more difficult to work than 18kt yellow due to the alloys used.

Another option for you to seriously consider is Palladium which has all of the fine virtues of platinum but at a fraction of the price.

In addition, Palladium will not yellow and tarnish over time like 14 K WG. It feels the same weight as Gold but it's durability is better.