The Diamond Eternity Band

The Exclusive 1

Hello, I am new to the engagement ring ring scene and saw a very pretty ring on Blue Nile.com I am looking at potentially buying the "channel set eternity band" engagement ring and I am hearing mixed reviews about it. Some jewlers say its great, others who want to steal the sale tell me of the problems that I'll have with it. Can anyone help me???

post-113328-1182959671.jpg

Eternity rings and bands seem to be quite popular. The one thing I always make people aware of is that they really aren't resizable. This is something to take into consideration as people's ring sizes can and often do change over time. You may be able to request the same style ring where the diamonds go 3/4 the way around, leaving a small section of plain metal that would allow a little flexibility in sizing if necessary in the future.

Another thing to consider is that the bottom portion of your fingers get the most physical contact with things on a daily basis and can therefore cause more 'wear and tear' to that portion of the ring. I think this is however more a concern on pavee settings where tiny little pieces of metal are holding tiny little diamonds in place.

Congratulations on your upcoming engagement!