Abazias Experiences?

JBenion

From reading these boards and other reviews, it seems that Union Diamond and Blue Nile both come highly recommended. But Abazias seems to have better prices on the diamond I'm looking for (1.25 carat, VG-Ex/Ideal, E-F, VS1-2).

Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with Abazias?

The one potential drawback I have noticed is that Abazias only has a 10-day return period, compared to the 30-day return period for Union Diamond and Blue Nile.

Is it realistically possible to have the diamond shipped, appraised, and returned if need be in 10 days? Abazias does have free shipping via overnight UPS for orders over $2000.

Thanks for any comments!

Is it realistically possible to have the diamond shipped, appraised, and returned if need be in 10 days?

I do this almost every day. Set your appointment with your appraiser in advance, even before you arrange shipment, so that you can be sure there are no scheduling conflicts but 10 days should be more than sufficient.

Neil

Last month, I purchased two diamonds from Abazias as part of my diamond evaluation project. I plan on a more detailed writeup later, but the quick version is that I had a good experience with them even though I returned both of the items. My returns cost me $35 per diamond. I also requested a shipping label from them which cost an additional $35 that let me return both diamonds without paying extra for return shipping. Thus, the total cost for me NOT to choose two diamonds was $105.

I had absolutely no problems examining and returning the diamonds within the ten-day return period. They arrived well-packaged and with all their appropriate paperwork. I had to go through an email confirmation where they emailed me a link that I needed to click to complete the order, and there was some trouble with her emailing me the link.

I spoke with them on the phone and received friendly service. It helps to know what you want.

-Shawn

• 2 weeks later...

Shawn,

Why did you return the stones? Were they not what they were supposed to be?

Abazias is one of the places I am thinking about buying a stone from and would appreciate your advice.

Thanks,

Brock

Last month, I purchased two diamonds from Abazias as part of my diamond evaluation project. I plan on a more detailed writeup later, but the quick version is that I had a good experience with them even though I returned both of the items. My returns cost me $35 per diamond. I also requested a shipping label from them which cost an additional $35 that let me return both diamonds without paying extra for return shipping. Thus, the total cost for me NOT to choose two diamonds was $105.

I had absolutely no problems examining and returning the diamonds within the ten-day return period. They arrived well-packaged and with all their appropriate paperwork. I had to go through an email confirmation where they emailed me a link that I needed to click to complete the order, and there was some trouble with her emailing me the link.

I spoke with them on the phone and received friendly service. It helps to know what you want.

-Shawn

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response, I've been a little bit busy lately.

I purchased four stones from three online dealers because I needed to physically see the diamonds in order to make an informed decision. I did some research on cuts and proportions and narrowed my selection to a diamond from Union Diamond, one diamond from Excel Diamonds, and two diamonds from Abazias. I intended to select only one stone from this lot of four. I looked at all four diamonds and compared each one to the other. The Excel Diamond diamond was the winner by far. Therefore, I had to return the other three (because I only needed one for the engagement ring!).

The diamonds from Abazias seemed to be everything they purported to be. They had GIA reports, the stones matched - they just weren't on par with the other stone. One of the stones from Abazias took second place in my comparison, so it is definitely possible that you will find a stone that you like there.

Hope that helps!

-Shawn

I looked at all four diamonds and compared each one to the other. The Excel Diamond diamond was the winner by far. Therefore, I had to return the other three (because I only needed one for the engagement ring!).

-Shawn

Thanks for the kind words, Shawn.

When are you going to have those you pictures you promised us?

Regards,

• 1 year later...
When are you going to have those you pictures you promised us?

Regards,

Whoops! It's been over a year! I really need to get on the ball.

After planning the engagement, I spent my time planning the wedding. After planning the wedding, I have been paying for the wedding. :)

So I'll try to get some pictures as soon as I can. Sorry!

-SirLouie