Need Opinions On This Diamond Please~~~

TUB06302

I have been shopping for a diamond for a couple of months now and have realized that it is a very difficult task... ;)

I found a diamond at Bluenile with the following grades:

Round brilliant

Carat: 1.59

Color: H

Clarity: VS1

Polish: excellent

Symmetry: excellent

Measurements: 7.54 - 7.58 x 4.59 mm

table: 56%

total depth: 60.7%

crown height: 15.5%

pavilion depth: 43%

cutlet: none

crown angle: 35%

pavilion angle: 40.8%

girdle: thin-medium(faceted)

The diamond seems to be very clear in the GIA report but has one "crystal" at the center of the stone.. What exactly is a crystal, and is it usuallly visible to the naked eye? Also, would the crystal get in the way of the diamonds shine and brilliance?

I attached a copy of the GIA report~!!

Overall, does this diamond seem to have an "ideal" cut ? and good qualities?

post-113292-1182321983_thumb.jpg

GIA graded it ‘excellent’ in cut, which is their top grade of 5. This is not exactly the same as ‘ideal’, which is AGS’s top grade of 11 but there’s a fair amount of overlap and it’s a pretty good hint that it has a nice cut. There are more specific tests available to get down to the details but the numbers look good so far and it’s likely to be a lovely stone.

A crystal is a diamond inside the diamond. A small diamond grew and then yours grew around it. A properly graded VS1 crystal will not be visible with the naked eye and it will have no significant affect on either the durability or light behavior of the stone.

Neil