Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

lowjim

i'll choose the 1.16cts diamond. ;)

Why that one over the other 2?

thanks,

Jim.

this is very personal preference. there's no right or wrong. :P

among the 3 and i'll not choose the 1.23cts b'cos i don't like H color and i prefer the fluorescence to be none. 1.17cts is ok but i still prefer the 1.16cts. i don't like the girdle to be slightly thick (1.17cts). ;)

i'll choose the 1.16cts diamond. ;)

Why that one over the other 2?

thanks,

Jim.

this is very personal preference. there's no right or wrong. :P

among the 3 and i'll not choose the 1.23cts b'cos i don't like H color and i prefer the fluorescence to be none. 1.17cts is ok but i still prefer the 1.16cts. i don't like the girdle to be slightly thick (1.17cts). ;)

I see. Thanks very much for your reply, it's been helpfull as not sure about the flourescence issue myself,

Jim.

Ya guess what color diamond i bought too

F LOL so...

I buy the biggest diamond with super idea cut thats Eye clean. I only bought .8 caret but it was best i could afford on my budget(went over it slightly by 2k custom ring being made as we speak)

Edited by dragonfire

There is absolutely nothing wrong with fluorescence and indeed in many cases fluorescence is a positive for the diamond, not a negative.

Many years ago fluorescent diamonds were known as "blue-white", were very much sought after, and sold for significant premiums compared to non-fluorescent diamonds.

GIA back in 1997 did an excellent and exhaustive study on the effects of fluorescence on face up transparency and concluded that even strong fluorescence could not be visually discerned or detected.

This study deserves your attention and is a must read as it conclusively dispels the erroneous and inaccurate 'information' being dispensed on Internet Forums in the form of "advice".

The link is here:

http://www.gia.edu/pdfs/W97_fluoresce.pdf