Need A Little Proposal Help!

leoman

So my girlfriend and I have been together almost 5 years. I'm still in school, but weve always said we wanted a very long engagement so when I get done we can then get married and not be rushed at all. Anyways, I bought her a ring this last week. I actually bought the ring from one place and the center stone from another. I picked it up today after the stone was set and it is absolutely amazing (.5 carat total weight ring that is just very unique, with a 1 carat leo diamond round stone in the center).

Anywho...I have made plans to take her to Snoqualmie Falls in Washington in July...very spendy, but I want it just to be a crazy special weeked. But yea, I don't think I actually want to use the falls in a way to propose...

I really like the idea of naming a star after her, us or our day when i ask...her name is haley...like haley's comet so something to do with stars fits. Also, I showed her her first shooting star only last year and shes 21! I want to ask her on the balcony we will have in our room, but am unsure of how to do it or what to name the star!

Any help with ideas on a good name of the star for this special occasion would be great...

another thought was to order custom messaged fortune cookies because when we first were together, every month on the date number we got together we would go out to a teriyaki place and get fortune cookies.

i could combine the fortune cookies and the personalized star...or just do one of them...either way...please make suggestions...thanks!

So my girlfriend and I have been together almost 5 years. I'm still in school, but weve always said we wanted a very long engagement so when I get done we can then get married and not be rushed at all. Anyways, I bought her a ring this last week. I actually bought the ring from one place and the center stone from another. I picked it up today after the stone was set and it is absolutely amazing (.5 carat total weight ring that is just very unique, with a 1 carat leo diamond round stone in the center).

Anywho...I have made plans to take her to Snoqualmie Falls in Washington in July...very spendy, but I want it just to be a crazy special weeked. But yea, I don't think I actually want to use the falls in a way to propose...

I really like the idea of naming a star after her, us or our day when i ask...her name is haley...like haley's comet so something to do with stars fits. Also, I showed her her first shooting star only last year and shes 21! I want to ask her on the balcony we will have in our room, but am unsure of how to do it or what to name the star!

Any help with ideas on a good name of the star for this special occasion would be great...

another thought was to order custom messaged fortune cookies because when we first were together, every month on the date number we got together we would go out to a teriyaki place and get fortune cookies.

i could combine the fortune cookies and the personalized star...or just do one of them...either way...please make suggestions...thanks!

o come on...21 views and NO replys..give me soemthing here guys!

• 2 months later...
weve looked at rings together so ya she will expect it i think...just want to surprise her on how its done...

Wow, you are so romantic. I think you are not getting too many replies because you have raised the bar so high!!!! A good thing.....dont get me wrong. Any woman would go crazy knowing her guy put in so much effort.

I personally think any surprise element will work. A nice dinner, have the ring come out in the dessert......or get it put into a fortune cookie????

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

such a very lucky girl... hmmm any ideas which have does work for your girlfriend, GO FOR IT!!! you may trace your girlfriends birthday details for the name of the star which you would like to name after her... i mean take her zodiac sign, month, day or year for a greek teminology or latin for you to be able to have a more profound meaning to it... thanks, good luck to the both of you!!!!