Please Help - Need Advice As To Purchase

jpo1959

I would greatly appreciate any and all advice! I have the opportunity to purchase the following:

Princess cut diamond

2.0 Carats

Measurements: 7.17-6.53-5.25

VS2

H

Culet size: Pointed

Girdle: thin to slightlly thick

Table diameter: 78.5%

Polish and Symmetry: Good

Proportions: Very Good

Flourescence: None

Report: IGI

PLatinum Band with .20 diamond sidestones

Price: $7,500.00

This is an individual seller who claims to be selling due to break-up.

Thanks

Jpo1959

Superficially, the price is fine but I'm sure you already knew that. Get it appraised by someone who is working for YOU, not for the seller. IGI grading is often significantly different from GIA grading and it makes the shopping process remarkably difficult with their stones. A few grades can make a big difference and the discrepancies never seem to be in your favor. Make sure to ask the appraiser about any damage that may have occured since IGI inspected it. This can be a problem with private sellers who may not even know that their stone is damaged and who are relying on paperwork given to them at the time of purchase for their sale.

Neil

Edited by denverappraiser

Superficially, the price is fine but I'm sure you already knew that. Get it appraised by someone who is working for YOU, not for the seller. IGI grading is often significantly different from GIA grading and it makes the shopping process remarkably difficult with their stones. A few grades can make a big difference and the discrepancies never seem to be in your favor. Make sure to ask the appraiser about any damage that may have occured since IGI inspected it. This can be a problem with private sellers who may not even know that their stone is damaged and who are relying on paperwork given to them at the time of purchase for their sale.

Neil

Neil

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking for a local appraiser.

Jpo1959