Large Culet, And A Few Other Question

BLUBLR

Using a loop I can see a black spot in the middle of the stone, is this the culet(VS1)?

Also, the stone is a 1.32 with a 7.3 spread. I like the fact that it appears bigger then it wieghts but this sacrifices the quaility of the cut, correct? It is also a J color, once mounted will the tint be noticable to the eye, with/without being next to a higher color grade (mounted) diamond?

I guess I have three question up there, culet, large spread, and color effects on apperance and value. I've enjoyed reading on the threads posted here, and apreciate the time and effort everyone takes in helping use poor engagement bound fools :P

Using a loop I can see a black spot in the middle of the stone, is this the culet(VS1)?

Also, the stone is a 1.32 with a 7.3 spread. I like the fact that it appears bigger then it wieghts but this sacrifices the quaility of the cut, correct? It is also a J color, once mounted will the tint be noticable to the eye, with/without being next to a higher color grade (mounted) diamond?

I guess I have three question up there, culet, large spread, and color effects on apperance and value. I've enjoyed reading on the threads posted here, and apreciate the time and effort everyone takes in helping use poor engagement bound fools :)

The culet is a microscopic point at the bottom of the diamond where all eight Pavillion facets converge and come to this point.

It appears that you are seeing a black carbon spot underneath the table facet which may be the primary grader for this VS-1 clarity.

That could be the VS grader. Do you have a picture?

Insofar as color; perception of color depends on the cut quality of the diamond. The better the cut, the 'whiter' the stone will face up.

Some J colors will face up super white, others show a noticeable color tint.